Melt Restaurant

Our favorite recipies and discussions on all things epicurian, beer, deep-fried goodness, wine, caviar; what fuels YOUR Falcon?

Re: Melt Restaurant

Postby Pete Segaard » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:30 pm

I thought about the firecracker chicken, but the dude won out. I would like to try a burger also.
Team Falcon Around
The Falcon formerly known as oaklane2
Pete Segaard
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hammb » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:33 am

My girlfriend loves the burgers. I think its a mushroom burger that she usually gets.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby VDub26Falcon » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:48 am

Heading to Melt next Sunday for my birthday dinner. Planning on getting the Tokyo Tuna Melt. Should be awesome!
Be Special, Be Different, BE Bowling Green - Dino Babers
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby hammb » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:42 pm

VDub26Falcon wrote:Heading to Melt next Sunday for my birthday dinner. Planning on getting the Tokyo Tuna Melt. Should be awesome!

Have you had the Tokyo Tuna before?

I haven't tried it. I love everything in it, but just would be afraid the bread & cheese would overpower the tuna in flavor. Let me know how it is!

I still wanna try the firecracker chicken...sounds awesome.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby VDub26Falcon » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:43 pm

My buddy had the Tuna and said it was great. The Firecracker Chicken isn't all that in my opinion. I thought the spices they used overpowered all the other flavors. Just my double Abraham Lincoln head.
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby hammb » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:21 pm

VDub26Falcon wrote:My buddy had the Tuna and said it was great. The Firecracker Chicken isn't all that in my opinion. I thought the spices they used overpowered all the other flavors. Just my double Abraham Lincoln head.

Hmmm...that's unfortunate...the Firecracker chicken sounded like it had potential. Would be easy to overspice the chicken though and overpower more subtle flavors like avocado.

Not that it really matters, I suppose as there is almost no chance I make it there in July anyways.

I'll anxiously await your review of the Tuna :)
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby VDub26Falcon » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 am

Hammb, sorry for the delay on the Tokyo Tuna Melt review. In short, it is awesome! You have to make sure to get the tuna prepared rare or medium rare so it's not overcooked though. The sandwich really has a sushi feel to it. The Wasabi/Ginger sauce is much more ginger than wasabi which is fine with me. I love ginger. Really a great sandwich and one that is light enough that I was able to eat the whole thing in one sitting. I will definitely get the Tuna again some time.

Went this past weekend for the September monthly Special, the Hot Wet Buffalo Chicken Melt. I loved it. Lots of blue cheese and the slaw they put on the sandwich had lots of celery in it which really made it taste like you were eating buffalo wings. They serve it with ranch to dip in which is also really good.

Not sure when my next Melt trip will be. Their new location in Independence is scheduled to open pretty soon too!
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby hammb » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:08 pm

I never got on here to talk about it but I hit melt up in early august. I had the godfather and have to say that it was pretty tasty. The lasagna had been pit on the flat top to get some crust before going into the sandwich. Their marinara is also really good.

I hate blue cheese otherwise i'd be giving the buffalo melt a shot.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby VDub26Falcon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Had a chance to sit down with Melt owner, Matt Fish, for an interview. I did a story on the blog I write for, DidTheTribeWinLastNight.com. Here is the link directly to the story. Over 400 views so far! Hopefull more coming from interested people!

http://didthetribewinlastnight.com/2011 ... land-fans/
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby Pete Segaard » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:14 am

Great story Vdub.

Taking my family to Melt Tuesday afternoon for the big debate about which sandwiches to get.
Team Falcon Around
The Falcon formerly known as oaklane2
Pete Segaard
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby VDub26Falcon » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:48 pm

I highly recommend the December Special, the Mighty Macaroni Melt. It is fantastic. I'm thinking of trying to convince my buddy on going out there tonight whilst the wife is working. I am craving some Melt and the Mighty Macaroni is the only way to go right now.
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby hammb » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:29 pm

I actually read that blog piece awhile back. I'm a "fan" of Melt on Facebook, and I think I saw it linked there. I had no idea that you wrote it at the time...nicely done!

As for the Macaroni Melt, that looks freaking awesome. I wish December weren't so jammed with stuff, I doubt I'll make it to Cleveland. Too bad, because that one sounds amazing.

I saw a couple weeks back they ran a special one for a weekend called the Dude-Father. A combo of my 2 favorite sandwiches, I bet that was awesome.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby VDub26Falcon » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:09 pm

They did that for the midnight showing of the Big Lebowski. I did not partake. I doubt I could have handled it.
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Previous

Return to Falcon Food