My take on a BG institution

Our favorite recipies and discussions on all things epicurian, beer, deep-fried goodness, wine, caviar; what fuels YOUR Falcon?

Postby Rightupinthere » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Schadenfreude wrote:
Rightupinthere wrote:
Schadenfreude wrote:
Rightupinthere wrote:I thought this thread was going to be about Turkey Tetrazzini.

Or "Cod on Bun."

That was an odd dish. It seemed to be missing something such as a word or, more likely, flavor. It had a wonderful sheen from the grease.

I never tried it. I could never get past that ridiculous menu description. Not "Atlantic cod on a soft sesame seed roll." Not "baked fish sandwich." No. Every Friday it was, simply: "Cod on bun."

Next to that, a "Turkey Tetrazzini" sounded shamelessly exotic and tasty.

I tried Cod on Bun once as a freshman. I believe I'm still trying to unclog my aorta from the cholesterol shot.

Although tasty I didn't find TT very exotic. The only thing shamelessly exotic and tasty was the offering at Prout's Burrito night. A three foot flour tortilla filled with a cubic yard of beef by-product, processed cheese, and wilted lettuce. Those things were so huge, they had their own gravitational pull!
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness
Mercenary of Churlishness

Re: My take on a BG institution

Postby billchase2 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Since this thread was just mentioned on Facebook, I'm bringing it back from the dead.
2008 BGSU: Master of Education Degree
2006 BGSU: Bachelor of Science in Technology Degree
04-06 University Activities Organization Director
02-04 FMB; 2004 Trumpet Squad Leader
Kappa Kappa Psi - Beta Kappa
billchase2
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby RobbyFalcon » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Johnny Marzetti was my air name whenever I filled on an urban shift on WBGU-FM, as in I'm Johnny Marzetti, your Tuesday night Boogie Baby with Erik B and Rakim on your urban alternative WBGU!"...Hard to believe my radio career never took off.

never had those pollyeyes stuffed chicken bread things, but I take it they're pretty good. Don't remember anything about eating a Johnny Marzetti either.
Robby Anonymous
Class of '89
RobbyFalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TG1996 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:53 pm

My folks came down last weekend and brought two full orders of breadsticks. I took about half of one of the cups of garlic butter and scooped it into a bowl with chicken wings fresh off the grill and tossed the wings until the butter was melted. Dipped them in a cup of warmed up jalapeno cheese sauce.

While those tasted pretty good on their own, the real lightbulb came on when I put some wings tossed in buffalo sauce on the same plate with the leftover butter drippings. Amazing.
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Falcon Food