Dino!

Talk about the Buckeyes the Wolverines the Hilltoppers the Ducks the Beavers the Chanticleers... or anyone else who isn't BG or an opponent in this forum.

Dino!

Postby factman » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:53 pm

:rolleyes: :axe: :-D :-D
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Dino!

Postby Falcon Commander » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:06 pm

Give me LIBERTY or give me DEATH!
#-o
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby It's the Journey... » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:20 pm

I guess he stayed one lackluster recruiting class too long.

I hope Wake/Clawson hangs 70 on him.

:evil: :evil:
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:28 am

Syracuse Recruiting Rankings in the ACC since Babers arrived

2016 - 12th (not fully his class, but a precursor)
2017 - 11th
2018 - 10th
2019 - 11th
2020 - 10th

In his time at BG, his classes were 8th and 5th in the MAC.

Not nearly good enough as a recruiter to sustain success at the P5 level. If he had stayed at BG, I’m not sure his success is sustained here either, due to the lack of recruiting. Mike Jinks was obviously in over his head here, but Babers left the cupboard bare as well - and he is going to do the same for the next Syracuse coach.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:00 am

mbenecke wrote:Syracuse Recruiting Rankings in the ACC since Babers arrived

2016 - 12th (not fully his class, but a precursor)
2017 - 11th
2018 - 10th
2019 - 11th
2020 - 10th

In his time at BG, his classes were 8th and 5th in the MAC.

Not nearly good enough as a recruiter to sustain success at the P5 level. If he had stayed at BG, I’m not sure his success is sustained here either, due to the lack of recruiting. Mike Jinks was obviously in over his head here, but Babers left the cupboard bare as well - and he is going to do the same for the next Syracuse coach.

I think Dino's offensive scheme would have worked better at a place like BG for longer than an ACC school. He's just not going to get the 4-star guys to come there over a place like Pitt or Louisville that have churned out a lot more NFL talent. That said, this is a weird year with opt-outs and unsure scheduling, etc. so I don't think his job is in danger. I always liked the guy, personally, so I hope he finds success again. Just not as much success as Clawson :lol:
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:27 pm

drumstix2388 wrote:I think Dino's offensive scheme would have worked better at a place like BG for longer than an ACC school. He's just not going to get the 4-star guys to come there over a place like Pitt or Louisville that have churned out a lot more NFL talent. :

I don't know. If I rooted for Syracuse, I would expect the Orange to find a coach who could recruit successfully against Pittsburgh and Louisville. These aren't exactly world powers here. (Louisville has had some good years recently, but they aren't Florida State or Clemson.) If that's too much for Syracuse fans to ask, why is Syracuse even in the ACC?

On a sort-of related note: There are old timers in central New York who will tell you that the Carrier Dome saved Syracuse football. It would sure be fun to have one in Bowling Green. :-)
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Return to Other Schools