Toledo Stud Hunt Suspended 2 Games

Talk about the Buckeyes the Wolverines the Hilltoppers the Ducks the Beavers the Chanticleers... or anyone else who isn't BG or an opponent in this forum.

Toledo Stud Hunt Suspended 2 Games

Postby Redwingtom » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:24 pm

Also starting DE Allen Covington.

Violation of team policy.

http://news.rotowire.com/Kareem-Hunt-googid79824-spcfb.htm
Redwingtom
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Toledo Stud Hunt Suspended 2 Games

Postby Falconfreak90 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:52 pm

Interesting....

Please let our guys keep their heads on straight! No more stupid s**t.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby Critical Thinker » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:08 pm

2 years ago their star bounceyball player Justin Drummond was suspended one game for a DUI. It really makes me wonder what these guys did to get double that.
Critical Thinker
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Redwingtom » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:12 pm

Nobody is saying...just some team rule. One guy on CSNbbs says the punishment fits the "crime", but is not talking beyond that.

It does seem harsh, especially since this reportedly happened awhile ago. Hunt is only 20 and Covington just turned 21 in July...so if it was alcohol related, they both would have been under 21 at the time.
Redwingtom
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FalconTurf » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:00 pm

Critical Thinker wrote:2 years ago their star bounceyball player Justin Drummond was suspended one game for a DUI. It really makes me wonder what these guys did to get double that.

I may see things differently than most but it seems more extreme when looking at it as 2 out of 12 regular season games vs. 1 out of 31 regular season games.
I proudly chose to be a Falcon and a Falcon I will remain until the end.
FalconTurf
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:01 pm

Scary thing about this is that they just knocked off Arkansas WITHOUT their best RB... As happy as we've been w/ Md. game, this is an even greater win. IMO
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:06 pm

I don't think Arkansas is good this year. Their seniors were freshman in 2012 - you know, when Arkansas didn't have a head coach. Senior class lost a TON of players through the instability of it all. Arkansas is not a veteran team, they're in for a rough season and I thought they were overrated going into the season. Just because they're in the SEC west doesn't mean they're good. And their OC is one of the most incompetent coaches in all of football.

MD is a better team than Arkansas. We blew a good team out of the water and it could have been far worse. I like our chances this year a lot.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Redwingtom » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:01 am

Arkansas outgained Toledo by 200 yards, had 15 more first downs and had the ball 16 minutes more. I wouldn't read too much into that victory.

However, that is not a good Maryland team. They have many more issues than Arkansas.
Redwingtom
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Redwingtom wrote:However, that is not a good Maryland team. They have many more issues than Arkansas.

I disagree. Maryland is a good team - with a QB/offensive identity issue. They'll figure that part out fast. The matchup against a hurry-up offense was a nightmare for them.

Maryland last year was surprisingly not awful, even decent in the Big Ten. I was impressed when they played Michigan. Michigan's offense is of course a power/physically dominant offense and Maryland physically dominated the Michigan offense. Maryland out-Michiganed Michigan. Maryland is defensively built to stop a power offense (though they are young up front this year). An up-tempo offense was the last thing they needed. I think if they played just about any other MAC team, Maryland cruises to a win.

Feel free to call me wrong at season's end but I think Maryland will have a fine season. There's a TON of reason for optimism with the program. I like to go off Bill Connelly's previews a lot ... http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/5/28/8662053/maryland-football-2015-preview-schedule-roster ... and it looks like Maryland has a bright future.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Other Schools