Women's Soccer HC Search

The smaller "non-revenue" sports at BGSU.

Women's Soccer HC Search

Postby mbenecke » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Matt Fannon has left to take the Iowa State women's soccer head coaching position. It's disappointing because he was so good here and it hurts to lose him, but it's perfectly understandable.

In 3 seasons, Fannon was 41-18-7, won MAC Coach of the Year three times, and won the MAC regular season and tournament titles twice. He's a phenomenal coach and I wish him well.

Any speculation on who might fill the position?
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Women's Soccer HC Search

Postby drumstix2388 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:01 pm

mbenecke wrote:Matt Fannon has left to take the Iowa State women's soccer head coaching position. It's disappointing because he was so good here and it hurts to lose him, but it's perfectly understandable.

In 3 seasons, Fannon was 41-18-7, won MAC Coach of the Year three times, and won the MAC regular season and tournament titles twice. He's a phenomenal coach and I wish him well.

Any speculation on who might fill the position?

Huge, huge loss. If I remember right, his extension last off-season made him the highest paid coach in the MAC, so hopefully there was a bit of a buyout to help with the search. I could see them promoting Coach Ball from within to keep the culture moving forward, or going for more established coach to keep building on Fannon's work.

Best of luck to Coach Fannon. It's extremely impressive what he was able to do here in such a short period, and I hope he repeats that success in the Big 12.
Twitter is @MachiaBilly
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Women's Soccer HC Search

Postby drumstix2388 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Jimmy Walker, head coach at University of Findlay, named the new coach. Great record at Findlay and Tiffin as a head coach. Hope he continues the success that Coach Fannon had here!https://bgsufalcons.com/news/2020/1/24/jimmy-walker-named-head-womens-soccer-coach.aspx
Twitter is @MachiaBilly
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Other Sports