Embedded Links Should Open in New Tab

Let us know what you think, what you like, what you don't like... We'll do our best to accomodate everyone!

Embedded Links Should Open in New Tab

Postby rc_ziggy84 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Not sure if it is possible with the software used to power the site, but embedded links to external sites should be set to open in a new tab, rather than the current tab.

It's a more common website experience to open new tabs. I typically want to come back to the post or forum I was reading after visiting the external site. Closing the tab and being back where I was is a better experience than using the back button and (sometimes) waiting for a page reload. I imagine using the back button has a negative impact on website tracking and analytics as well.

Is this change possible with phpBB?
The (Graduated) "OU Falcon"
rc_ziggy84
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Embedded Links Should Open in New Tab

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:32 pm

AGREE!!
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby musicman2343 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:57 am

rc_ziggy84 wrote:Is this change possible with phpBB?

It is. The question was posed while Grant still ran the board. He said it was his personal preference that it not change.

I completely agree with you both it should open a new tab. Many a time I have closed this tab by accident because I just went on cruise control expecting it to have opened a new one.
BGSU Class of 2010
Bachelor of Music - Music Education

Forever a Falcon!

ROLL ALONG!!!!
musicman2343
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Bassdrummin » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:19 pm

I will go ahead and implement this when I have some time. It's just the links within the posts/signatures, correct?
Bassdrummin
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby rc_ziggy84 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:43 pm

Yes, post and signatures should cover it. Thanks!
The (Graduated) "OU Falcon"
rc_ziggy84
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Website Feedback