Links to Open in a New Window

Let us know what you think, what you like, what you don't like... We'll do our best to accomodate everyone!

Links to Open in a New Window

Postby Bean_Wrangler » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:28 pm

I've enjoyed my news from AZZ for years now, and yet whenever I want to follow any link to read what the topic is about, the link opens in the same window. Could the links be set to open in a new window, so I can read my thread while looking at the news? I know I can right click and open in a new tab or window, but on occasion I forget to, as other sites always open up seperately.

Thanks! :prayer:
Bean_Wrangler
Egg
Egg

Re: Links to Open in a New Window

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:57 pm

They could be set to do that, yes... however, I'm not a fan of that tactic. There have been lots of articles written both in favor of it and against it (Google "target _blank" if you want to read some of the views), but what it really boils down to is that I don't like it.

Right-click!!! :-)
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby footballguy51 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:23 am

If you want to open a link in a new tab (what I prefer), just hold down the control button and then left click the link.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Bean_Wrangler » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:09 pm

No worries. Thanks for addressing the reason! I didn't know about the ctrl+click function, thanks.
Bean_Wrangler
Egg
Egg

Postby pdt1081 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:26 pm

Bean_Wrangler wrote:No worries. Thanks for addressing the reason! I didn't know about the ctrl+click function, thanks.

If using Firefox, click with the scroll ball.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Website Feedback