Suggestion - Question

Let us know what you think, what you like, what you don't like... We'll do our best to accomodate everyone!

Suggestion - Question

Postby Redwingtom » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Is there a way to either automatically bold or always underline URL links embedded in posts?

They are always the same font and color of the regular text so you don't know a link is there until you hover over it.
Redwingtom
User avatar
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 5139
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:16 pm
Location: Jackson, MI

Re: Suggestion - Question

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:54 am

Redwingtom wrote:Is there a way to either automatically bold or always underline URL links embedded in posts?

They are always the same font and color of the regular text so you don't know a link is there until you hover over it.


Actually, that's not true. They are a different color. I could probably make it more obvious, but I'll have to think about it. I don't want them to look gaudy. Here's a link. The text is gray while the link is brown and it does underline when the mouse hovers over it.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
User avatar
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ
 
Posts: 5915
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:37 pm
Location: Elmore, OH

Re: Suggestion - Question

Postby Redwingtom » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:56 am

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
Redwingtom wrote:Is there a way to either automatically bold or always underline URL links embedded in posts?

They are always the same font and color of the regular text so you don't know a link is there until you hover over it.


Actually, that's not true. They are a different color. I could probably make it more obvious, but I'll have to think about it. I don't want them to look gaudy. Here's a link. The text is gray while the link is brown and it does underline when the mouse hovers over it.


Okay...I see the difference. It's just pretty slight on my monitor. Thanks for the consideration.
Redwingtom
User avatar
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 5139
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:16 pm
Location: Jackson, MI

Re: Suggestion - Question

Postby Warthog » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:20 am

FWIW, I have to agree with RWT for once. :shock: It is hard to determine that there is a link in there. I like it to be gaudy so it stands out to me. 8-) I think the slight gradual change in the orange shading at the top of the text box adds to this problem.
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
- Ernest Hemingway
User avatar
Warthog
Freak Wanna-be!!
Freak Wanna-be!!
 
Posts: 7014
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:57 am
Location: Bowling Green, OH

Re: Suggestion - Question

Postby Lord_Byron » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:41 am

I usually get around it by doing bold and underline around the name of the link.

But then again, I'm into the bling. You should see my 22" spinning wheels.
BG '79

Twitter: @Vapid_Inanities
User avatar
Lord_Byron
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Rochester NY

Re: Suggestion - Question

Postby footballguy51 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:51 am

Lord_Byron wrote:I usually get around it by doing bold and underline around the name of the link.

But then again, I'm into the bling. You should see my 22" spinning wheels.

Yeah, and those are just the ones hooked onto his house.
ROLL ALONG!!!
User avatar
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 2624
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 5:19 pm


Return to Website Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron