Front Page Layout

Let us know what you think, what you like, what you don't like... We'll do our best to accomodate everyone!

Front Page Layout

Postby Dayons_Den » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:54 am

First, I would like state how much the new color scheme and layout have grown on me. The site seems very crisp, and after a few days of figuring out where to click to jump forums etc. everything seems pretty smooth.

Next, I'd like to comment on how freaking cool the video section is and what a great addition to an already great resource for Falcon-fandom it is. Those interviews have given me a feeling like I belong to a subscriber-based website. The possibilities with that really are endless and I almost felt guilty soaking in those videos without having to pay for a subscription. (I know that making money is not what this site is about, I'm just pointing out the class of which the site has become!)

My only suggestions has to do with the home page of www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com.

I currently have this http://www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com/phpBB3/ as my bookmark for the site so I can see the activity on each board to see if I've missed anything.

Now with the video on the front page I want to make that my bookmark, but was wondering if there would be a way to list, perhaps, the 5 most recent posts on any of the sport boards on that front page? There is a box for recent posts to the video page, I was wondering if something similar could be added to show most recent posts to the message boards.

Also, after videos "fall off" the recent video posts box, is there a way to access the archive? I missed the Ruggerio video but can't seem to find it.

Thanks Grant!!!!
all bowling green
Dayons_Den
aka Joe Bair's Lair
aka Joe Bair's Lair

Re: Front Page Layout

Postby TG1996 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:04 pm

Dayons_Den wrote:Also, after videos "fall off" the recent video posts box, is there a way to access the archive? I missed the Ruggerio video but can't seem to find it.

Click "Categories" in the menu bar at the top.
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 pm

TG1996 wrote:
Dayons_Den wrote:Also, after videos "fall off" the recent video posts box, is there a way to access the archive? I missed the Ruggerio video but can't seem to find it.

Also... on the right-hand side, there is "Archives" which will show you everything from the month displayed. When September gets here, it'll show both months...and will continue to add months as time rolls along...

Another choice that's available for you, down in the bottom-left-hand side, there's a calendar that allows you to access any posts from any specific day in the current calendar month.... (if there was a post on that date, it'll be a link)

Hope that helps...
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:23 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
TG1996 wrote:

Also... on the right-hand side, there is "Archives" which will show you everything from the month displayed. When September gets here, it'll show both months...and will continue to add months as time rolls along...

Another choice that's available for you, down in the bottom-left-hand side, there's a calendar that allows you to access any posts from any specific day in the current calendar month.... (if there was a post on that date, it'll be a link)

Hope that helps...

Sorry, Dayon.... I just re-read your post a little closer... you're looking for recent phpBB3 posts to be displayed on the home page.... interesting.... I'll see if it can be done. It's all SQL, so I'm sure it CAN be done... it's just a matter of how. ;-) It'll be a good project for me (unless someone's already created a plugin to do it.) :-)
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Return to Website Feedback