Nice New WordPress site

Let us know what you think, what you like, what you don't like... We'll do our best to accomodate everyone!

Nice New WordPress site

Postby BGSU Falconz » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:49 pm

I'm impressed with the layout and the amount of information users now have at their disposal. Very cool, though I might be a bit biased because the AZZ logo I designed has found prominent use on the new site!

Hopefully now I'll have zero need to ever go back to the clunky official BG athletics page.

P.S. how do you like WordPress? I've never used it, but was wondering how it compared to Joomla!
BGSU Falconz
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Re: Nice New WordPress site

Postby TG1996 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:06 pm

BGSU Falconz wrote:P.S. how do you like WordPress? I've never used it, but was wondering how it compared to Joomla!

I know it wasn't directed toward me, but if Joomla is anything like Mambo was when those two were fighting it out a couple years ago, WordPress kicks its AZZ. So much easier, tons and tons of plugins and support available and much easier to bend into an eye-pleasing and informative site.
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Nice New WordPress site

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:16 pm

BGSU Falconz wrote:I'm impressed with the layout and the amount of information users now have at their disposal. Very cool, though I might be a bit biased because the AZZ logo I designed has found prominent use on the new site!

Hopefully now I'll have zero need to ever go back to the clunky official BG athletics page.

P.S. how do you like WordPress? I've never used it, but was wondering how it compared to Joomla!

Thanks man! WordPress is da bomb! lol...

I think the best thing about WP is the user community and the amount of development that's done for it. There are so many theme templates available to use as starting points if you don't want to build your own from scratch, and so many plugins that can give your site added functionality... really, if you know a little about CSS, HTML, and PHP/MySQL, you can get a great looking and great working site going in no time. (like, say, if hackers hit your site and you had to start over from scratch for example... ;-) )

And I'm sure you'll recognize the logo in the upper left. ;-) Not sure it's going to stay there long term, but it sure helped out in a pinch!! Thanks again for that!
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Return to Website Feedback