What do you want??

Let us know what you think, what you like, what you don't like... We'll do our best to accomodate everyone!

What do you want??

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:08 pm

Alright people, what do you want here besides the message boards?

In the past, most of the site beyond the message boards wasn't utilized much, if at all... so I'm asking you what you'd like to see.

I plan on resurrecting the chat page (because it's paid for for another 8 months)... beyond that, what would you love? Regular articles? The podcast? Image galleries with user-upload rights? Video archives? Links page to other message boards?

I just don't want to put a bunch of time and effort into something that won't be utilized and that you don't want... and if there's something people DO want that I'm not aware of, I want to know about it!!

So, tell me what you want, whatcha really really want...
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Re: What do you want??

Postby Jacobs4Heisman » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:37 pm

What I really want, is for you to disable any ability for spice girl-related content to ever be posted again =)

I never really used anything other than the boards and chat. What I really miss is the brown background.
Roll Along!
Jacobs4Heisman
a.k.a. Capt. Rex Kramer
a.k.a. Capt. Rex Kramer

Postby Bleeding Orange » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:52 pm

Well, despite TG's involvement in them, I really enjoyed the podcasts that you did a handful of times. The production was great, they were informative, and you really did a bang-up job as a host. I certainly wouldn't expect this to be something that you would do on a weekly basis, but perhaps just every now and then when something happens to warrant the effort.

Also, perhaps it might be kind of fun to have people volunteer to do some articles on the history of BG athletics every now and then. I'm sure TG would be carrying the load on them simply because of his resources, but I'm sure others wouldn't mind chipping in, and we might even be able to talk Coach C into contributing (now THAT would be interesting!). I don't know jack about web development, but I don't imagine that it would be too difficult to feature the articles on the main access page, perhaps posting a notice in the appropriate forum for those who link directly to the boards. This might be an especially worth feature as it seems that so many people come here to reconnect with BGSU.

These are just suggestions. After all, as long as the lights are on here I think most of us are as happy as pigs in slop. :-)
From the halls of ivy...

It is not my intention to do away with government. It is rather to make it work - work with us, not over us; stand by our side, not ride on our back. Government can and must provide opportunity, not smother it; foster productivity, not stifle it. ~Ronald Reagan

:smt117
Bleeding Orange
The Abominable Desert 'Cat
The Abominable Desert 'Cat

Postby BGDrew » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:42 am

Maybe an integration of the major Falcon fan sites out there? TG's, the orangeandbrown blog, and this?
Check out our new BGSU hockey site: http://www.bgsuhockey.com
BGDrew
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Ydfalcon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 am

Well, in the message board, I have often liked the function of a "quick reply" box at the bottom of pages that appears on some boards, in which one can type the message and add a post without going to another page, provided they don't want to quote someone or include any of the smileys/links/etc., just text. (If that's not clear enough for you to know what I'm referring to, let me know, I can provide a link to a Classic Rock board I admin that uses it.)

Of the old features, I enjoyed a lot of the multimedia stuff. It's nice to have a good place to go for BG pictures/sounds/videos that might be otherwise difficult to find and/or unique to this site.
- yd
Ydfalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:08 am

Great ideas so far... keep them coming!
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby footballguy51 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:09 am

I like the idea of a photo gallery with user upload rights. That means that if I decide to take a bike ride by the stadium, I can take pictures of anything new or interesting and post them for everybody to see.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby VDub26Falcon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 am

AZZ-Instant Messager!!!
Be Special, Be Different, BE Bowling Green - Dino Babers
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:10 am

VDub26Falcon wrote:AZZ-Instant Messager!!!

You're talking about integrating this into the site, correct? I could pretty easily set up jabber/google talk for the domain, import everyone's username/password and go that route, but it would require an external client. No one has created the phpBB IM module yet, but there is some buzz out there about development.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby VDub26Falcon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:29 am

Yeah, integrated into the site, much like facebook does. Their IM is very good.
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:03 pm

They're also a billion dollar company. ;-) I'll see if we can find anything that fits the bill... I like the suggestion, just not sure I can implement it as I've searched before... maybe I'll write my own and make those billions for myself!?! lol
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby Strouse » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:40 am

I think I'd have to agree with what some of the other people have said in that I loved the fact that we had a multimedia area where it was very easy to find school songs like Ay-Zig and Forward Falcons. Also, I'd have to agree that I think it should have more of a look that it is a site about BG to the outsiders. Whether it's the Falcon head (new or old doesn't matter) or the football helmet at the top next to ay-zig.com or a welcome page that has video of the many different sports and/or Forward Falcons playing in the background, whatever it is it should be something that clearly states that this is the home of BGSU fans like the old site did.
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Lord_Byron » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:27 am

I'd like to see some Tandberg Encoders.
BG '79

Twitter: @Vapid_Inanities
Lord_Byron
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

Postby VDub26Falcon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:59 am

What do I want? I want them to stop looking to me for answers, begging me to speak again, write again, be a leader. I want them to start thinking for themselves. I want my privacy.
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:04 pm

Strouse wrote:I think I'd have to agree with what some of the other people have said in that I loved the fact that we had a multimedia area where it was very easy to find school songs like Ay-Zig and Forward Falcons. Also, I'd have to agree that I think it should have more of a look that it is a site about BG to the outsiders. Whether it's the Falcon head (new or old doesn't matter) or the football helmet at the top next to ay-zig.com or a welcome page that has video of the many different sports and/or Forward Falcons playing in the background, whatever it is it should be something that clearly states that this is the home of BGSU fans like the old site did.

This was all part of the "bringing it up to code" I mentioned earlier. Those are registered trademarks of BGSU... NCAA regulations state that you can't use college athletes on sites like this either... so, some things had to change. I'll be trying to make it say "Bowling Green" more as we move forward, but some things just can't be done.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Next

Return to Website Feedback