Much better

Let us know what you think, what you like, what you don't like... We'll do our best to accomodate everyone!

Re: Much better

Postby dstubb » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:20 am

I admit to being surprised when I logged in tonight. The orange seems a bit "yellowish" to me.

Can you bring back the "Roll Along" logo - and maybe a Falcon logo so visitors from other schools know they are in the right place? I doubt many people from Boise know what "Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba" is.

As always, we all appreciate what you do, Grant!
DWS
BGSU '94
dstubb
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby FortWayneFalcon » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:46 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
FortWayneFalcon wrote:
Sir,
I apologize for my non-specific post. I love your website, and visit it daily. As sappy as it might sound, your site is the reason I realized the value of reconnecting with my university. The enthusiam provided by you and the rest of those posting on this site showed me that I can have immense pride in my education at BGSU and the high class sports programs that exist there and in the MAC.
Thank you!
Change? I wish my brain could keep up.

Gregg Brandon ladies and gentlemen!! Gregg Brandon. ;-)

Seriously though, thanks SO MUCH for that post! THAT is the reason I keep this place up and running!

Who's Gregg Brandon?
:drinkers:
ROLL ALONG!
Joe Savina
GDI 1991
FortWayneFalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby transfer2BGSU » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:21 am

FortWayneFalcon wrote:[
Who's Gregg Brandon?
:drinkers:

I think H2O is really Gregg Brandon
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:51 pm

transfer2BGSU wrote:I think H2O is really Gregg Brandon

Sorry the orange-ish background took away your trademark orange text Transfer... :-(
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby Redwingtom » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:17 am

FYI, a thin bold bar at the bottom of the box to the left of each thread indicates that you have a posted a response on that thread...I think that is correct ;)

What does the STAR mean?
Redwingtom
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:20 am

Redwingtom wrote:FYI, a thin bold bar at the bottom of the box to the left of each thread indicates that you have a posted a response on that thread...I think that is correct ;)

What does the STAR mean?

I think the star means it's considered a hot topic. Just scrolling down the list, it looks as though if there are over 10 posts, it's a hot topic and starred. Perhaps this could be bumped up to 15 so that a starred topic must get to a second page?
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby VDub26Falcon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:35 am

I agree about the second page thing...I'm pretty sure that's how the old one was set-up...the button on the left would turn to orange with white in it.
Be Special, Be Different, BE Bowling Green - Dino Babers
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby Strouse » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:33 am

ya know...I decided to wait awhile before posting my thoughts on the new site just to let myself adjust to it. And I have to say that it's growing on me. But then again it would be hard for it not to since I come on here at least once a day. It's quite a change (mostly) from the old site, but as BO mentioned in another post, I'm happy as a pig in slop that it's back up and running :-D
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:02 pm

VDub26Falcon wrote:I agree about the second page thing...I'm pretty sure that's how the old one was set-up...the button on the left would turn to orange with white in it.

It's set up so that there are 15 posts per page and it doesn't get the star until it's over 15 posts.... are you seeing otherwise?
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby VDub26Falcon » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:48 pm

I think I saw it add the star on the first page, but there may have been 15 posts, just not a 2nd page/16th post yet. Couldn't tell you what thread it was.
Be Special, Be Different, BE Bowling Green - Dino Babers
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby footballguy51 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:07 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
VDub26Falcon wrote:I agree about the second page thing...I'm pretty sure that's how the old one was set-up...the button on the left would turn to orange with white in it.

It's set up so that there are 15 posts per page and it doesn't get the star until it's over 15 posts.... are you seeing otherwise?

Scroll down the topics in the Website Feedback section. There is one with the title "A new forum suggestion" that has 14 replies (15 posts). 15 posts is one page. It would need to be 15 replies (16 posts) to make 2 pages.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:46 pm

footballguy51 wrote:
ZiggyZoomba wrote:

Scroll down the topics in the Website Feedback section. There is one with the title "A new forum suggestion" that has 14 replies (15 posts). 15 posts is one page. It would need to be 15 replies (16 posts) to make 2 pages.

Wow, you guys are sticklers for detail! I have changed the "hot topic" threshold to 16 posts (15 replies).
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby rollalongFF0304 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:29 pm

Didn't notice it until tonight, but I dig the "Birthdays" bar at the bottom of the main forum page. Kind of cool.
rollalongFF0304
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Strouse » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:36 pm

rollalongFF0304 wrote:Didn't notice it until tonight, but I dig the "Birthdays" bar at the bottom of the main forum page. Kind of cool.

now that you mention it, that is a good addition
~Roll Along You BG Warriors!~
Strouse
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:48 pm

Yep, go into your user control panel (upper left) to enter your birthday so the system knows!
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Previous

Return to Website Feedback