Much better

Let us know what you think, what you like, what you don't like... We'll do our best to accomodate everyone!

Re: Much better

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:51 pm

pdt1081 wrote:
ZiggyZoomba wrote:Let me know if there's specific things you'd like to see or wish was different...

The new site looks great. Thanks for all you do for BG Sports.
Really liking the post updates when you preview a post.
Since you asked for suggestions, how about a BlackBerry App? Make the site faster and easier for those of us on the go or too lazy to turn the computer on...

The new site looks great on my iPod touch... but I agree that a mobile version would be cool. I'll see what plugins and/or mods are out there. Good suggestion!
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby It's the Journey... » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:12 pm

I LOVE the new site. I would like to see a "Mark all threads Read" option at the top of each page as well as at the bottom. And I also LOVE the Ignore option... :D
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:17 pm

It's the Journey... wrote:I LOVE the new site. I would like to see a "Mark all threads Read" option at the top of each page as well as at the bottom. And I also LOVE the Ignore option... :D

Good call... I think I can do that. It's added to the list.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby Falconfreak90 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:38 pm

I was surprised logging on tonight but it looks very cool! Thanks a million times over for the site, G. It is thee best.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby footballguy51 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Talk about a shock. I'm gone from the site for a few days and I come back to a total renovation.

I'll just spill out the parts I used and liked from the old board, and if they're still here that's great.

Mark all topics as read (sounds like it's done)
Posting pictures
Quoting
Making polls
Quick log-in feature
Links in posts automatically open a new tab

Calendar for people to post birthdays and/or special BGSU events
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby pdt1081 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:35 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
pdt1081 wrote:
ZiggyZoomba wrote:Let me know if there's specific things you'd like to see or wish was different...

Since you asked for suggestions, how about a BlackBerry App? Make the site faster and easier for those of us on the go or too lazy to turn the computer on...

The new site looks great on my iPod touch... but I agree that a mobile version would be cool. I'll see what plugins and/or mods are out there. Good suggestion!

Is there a setting for quoting posts? I usually try to cut out the multiple quotes and just quote the post I'm replying to. Is it possible to set that as automatic? It'd make mobile posting a lot easier, for me anyways.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGFan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:36 pm

pdt1081 wrote:
ZiggyZoomba wrote:
pdt1081 wrote:

Is there a setting for quoting posts? I usually try to cut out the multiple quotes and just quote the post I'm replying to. Is it possible to set that as automatic? It'd make mobile posting a lot easier, for me anyways.

When quotes take up more space then the typing box can show at one time I've noticed issues with jumping. When I start typing the edit box jumps up and I can no longer see what I'm typing. Very annoying. Other than that, I have no issues. This one showed an open line so it worked (sort of) but is still acting flaky as I get beyond a certain point.
BGFan
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGFan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:45 pm

One other thing. Embedded URL links are very difficult to see.
BGFan
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby KeyWestParrot » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:53 pm

TG1996 wrote:Thing I've noticed most is when some fool posts a picture that's too big for the screen, only that post needs scrolling. Very cool in a small way.

Don't believe me?

Great work G! I like lemonade! :mrgreen:

I would scroll for Jessica Alba any day of the week. I still miss some features from the old homepage and website.
I am the eggman....I am the Walrus
KeyWestParrot
Chick
Chick

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:18 pm

BGFan wrote:
pdt1081 wrote:
ZiggyZoomba wrote:
pdt1081 wrote:

When quotes take up more space then the typing box can show at one time I've noticed issues with jumping. When I start typing the edit box jumps up and I can no longer see what I'm typing. Very annoying. Other than that, I have no issues. This one showed an open line so it worked (sort of) but is still acting flaky as I get beyond a certain point.

This is a bug w/ your browser... nothing to do with the server-side app. Try it in a different browser and see how that renders the text box full of quotes. No issues here.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:19 pm

KeyWestParrot wrote: I still miss some features from the old homepage and website.

Those will be coming back... most people immediately come to the forums though, so that's what I got running first.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby BGFan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:30 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
BGFan wrote:
pdt1081 wrote:
ZiggyZoomba wrote:
pdt1081 wrote:

This is a bug w/ your browser... nothing to do with the server-side app. Try it in a different browser and see how that renders the text box full of quotes. No issues here.

Must be an incompatability with IE8. When I put it in compatability mode it works.
BGFan
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:54 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
It's the Journey... wrote:I LOVE the new site. I would like to see a "Mark all threads Read" option at the top of each page as well as at the bottom. And I also LOVE the Ignore option... :D

Good call... I think I can do that. It's added to the list.

This has been taken care of now....
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby FortWayneFalcon » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:18 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
FortWayneFalcon wrote:Hmm,... me no likey changes (in general). I guess I'll get used to it.

:axe:

Can ya be a little more specific?? What do you miss? What don't you like? Or do you just not like CHANGE in general... not necessarily specific to this website, but just change makes you uncomfortable?

Let me know if there's specific things you'd like to see or wish was different...

Sir,
I apologize for my non-specific post. I love your website, and visit it daily. As sappy as it might sound, your site is the reason I realized the value of reconnecting with my university. The enthusiam provided by you and the rest of those posting on this site showed me that I can have immense pride in my education at BGSU and the high class sports programs that exist there and in the MAC.
Thank you!
Change? I wish my brain could keep up.
ROLL ALONG!
Joe Savina
GDI 1991
FortWayneFalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:17 pm

FortWayneFalcon wrote:
Sir,
I apologize for my non-specific post. I love your website, and visit it daily. As sappy as it might sound, your site is the reason I realized the value of reconnecting with my university. The enthusiam provided by you and the rest of those posting on this site showed me that I can have immense pride in my education at BGSU and the high class sports programs that exist there and in the MAC.
Thank you!
Change? I wish my brain could keep up.

Gregg Brandon ladies and gentlemen!! Gregg Brandon. ;-)

Seriously though, thanks SO MUCH for that post! THAT is the reason I keep this place up and running!
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

PreviousNext

Return to Website Feedback