Much better

Let us know what you think, what you like, what you don't like... We'll do our best to accomodate everyone!

Much better

Postby h2oville rocket » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:10 pm

I like the peach color. Much better than that glaring orange.
h2oville rocket
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 6689
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:21 pm
Location: Waterville, ohio

Re: Much better

Postby Bleeding Orange » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:47 pm

You might want to check your monitor. Or, perhaps you are just getting old. On second thought, your monitor is probably just fine. :wink:

And can I just say how much I appreciate the King's English spelling of 'colour' on the right side of the screen. That just screams classy! :-D
From the halls of ivy...

It is not my intention to do away with government. It is rather to make it work - work with us, not over us; stand by our side, not ride on our back. Government can and must provide opportunity, not smother it; foster productivity, not stifle it. ~Ronald Reagan

Image

:smt117
User avatar
Bleeding Orange
The Abominable Desert 'Cat
The Abominable Desert 'Cat
 
Posts: 7065
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:06 pm
Location: Searching for a home, via Chicago...

Re: Much better

Postby Zom » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:48 am

Agreed.

Well worth the upgrade. It is always the small things that make the difference. Thank you, Grant.
User avatar
Zom
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:54 pm
Location: N. Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Much better

Postby NWLB » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:11 am

My eyes hurt.

But the format does make Flipper seem smaller.....
NWLB
*********************************
http://www.CruiseAficionados.com - A Community for Cruise Fans. (Try the mobile app "Cruise Aficionados)
User avatar
NWLB
Eminent Falcon
Eminent Falcon
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: RCIfan.com

Re: Much better

Postby Redwingtom » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Bleeding Orange wrote:And can I just say how much I appreciate the King's English spelling of 'colour' on the right side of the screen. That just screams classy! :-D


If you to into the User Control Panel and select "Board Preferences" you can change the language from "British English" to "English (United States)" and then the word will appear as "color" ;)
Redwingtom
User avatar
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 5139
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:16 pm
Location: Jackson, MI

Re: Much better

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Redwingtom wrote:
Bleeding Orange wrote:And can I just say how much I appreciate the King's English spelling of 'colour' on the right side of the screen. That just screams classy! :-D


If you to into the User Control Panel and select "Board Preferences" you can change the language from "British English" to "English (United States)" and then the word will appear as "color" ;)


You know, that's interesting, because the default setting is EN-US (which is US English)... but when everyone was imported over from the old system, they were assigned EN (which is British English). New users (I assume) are assigned EN-US. But yes, you can go into your User Control Panel and assign the language of your choice.

If anyone has a request for any other languages, I can install them. The list of available translations is here:

http://www.phpbb.com/languages/
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
User avatar
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ
 
Posts: 5915
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:37 pm
Location: Elmore, OH

Re: Much better

Postby TG1996 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Thing I've noticed most is when some fool posts a picture that's too big for the screen, only that post needs scrolling. Very cool in a small way.

Don't believe me?

Image

Great work G! I like lemonade! :mrgreen:
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
User avatar
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 12708
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:27 am
Location: Indianapolis

Re: Much better

Postby FortWayneFalcon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Hmm,... me no likey changes (in general). I guess I'll get used to it.

:axe:
ROLL ALONG!
Joe Savina
GDI 1991
User avatar
FortWayneFalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:26 pm
Location: Antwerp, OH

Re: Much better

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:49 pm

FortWayneFalcon wrote:Hmm,... me no likey changes (in general). I guess I'll get used to it.

:axe:

Can ya be a little more specific?? What do you miss? What don't you like? Or do you just not like CHANGE in general... not necessarily specific to this website, but just change makes you uncomfortable?

Let me know if there's specific things you'd like to see or wish was different...
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
User avatar
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ
 
Posts: 5915
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:37 pm
Location: Elmore, OH

Re: Much better

Postby TG1996 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Is there a "Mark all forums read" link/button somewhere like the old site had?
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
User avatar
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 12708
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:27 am
Location: Indianapolis

Re: Much better

Postby jacojdm » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:19 pm

TG1996 wrote:Is there a "Mark all forums read" link/button somewhere like the old site had?

i'm looking for the same thing.
Image
User avatar
jacojdm
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 2275
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:45 am
Location: cleveland

Re: Much better

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:39 pm

jacojdm wrote:
TG1996 wrote:Is there a "Mark all forums read" link/button somewhere like the old site had?

i'm looking for the same thing.

LOL... I've been missing that too... I'll add that to the list.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
User avatar
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ
 
Posts: 5915
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:37 pm
Location: Elmore, OH

Re: Much better

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:12 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
jacojdm wrote:
TG1996 wrote:Is there a "Mark all forums read" link/button somewhere like the old site had?

i'm looking for the same thing.

LOL... I've been missing that too... I'll add that to the list.

And now I'll take it OFF the list. It's at the lower right now... haven't checked to see if it actually works though. lol Let me know.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
User avatar
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ
 
Posts: 5915
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:37 pm
Location: Elmore, OH

Re: Much better

Postby pdt1081 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:23 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:Let me know if there's specific things you'd like to see or wish was different...

The new site looks great. Thanks for all you do for BG Sports.
Really liking the post updates when you preview a post.
Since you asked for suggestions, how about a BlackBerry App? Make the site faster and easier for those of us on the go or too lazy to turn the computer on...
Phi or Die
User avatar
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:09 pm

Re: Much better

Postby TG1996 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:35 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
ZiggyZoomba wrote:
jacojdm wrote:
TG1996 wrote:Is there a "Mark all forums read" link/button somewhere like the old site had?

i'm looking for the same thing.

LOL... I've been missing that too... I'll add that to the list.

And now I'll take it OFF the list. It's at the lower right now... haven't checked to see if it actually works though. lol Let me know.


Like a peach! :D
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
User avatar
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 12708
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:27 am
Location: Indianapolis

Next

Return to Website Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest