Peregrinner

Who we are as individuals and what we're all about...

Peregrinner

Postby Peregrinner » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:50 pm

OK, where to start...
I was born in Detroit in 1986 and have lived in Chicago and a suburb of Columbus (ugh...) since then. I must say, BG is my favorite of the 4 cities I have spend considerable amounts of time in.
Even though I live(d) in Columbus, I have never been and will never be a fan of OSU. I could count on one hand the number of things I like about that school (and would probably end up with the same finger sticking up as I usually do when considering anything OSU). :wink:
Instead, I have always been an avid Michigan fan, but I will never let that distract me from my love of BGSU.
Being that I have family in Detroit and live in Columbus, I made about 900 trips up and down 23/75 over my years, and thus came to be very fond of the city of BG and wanted to attend the school.
I am a Creative Writing major with a minor in IPC and am a member of the Chapman Learning Community.
I enjoy most types of music, I play guitar, I enjoy lacrosse, hockey and football.
Anything else you would like to know, feel free to ask!
- Terry S.
- Freddie Falcon 2007-2008
- Class of 2009

The 2nd Annual Alzheimer's Memorial Charity Golf Tournament
To benefit the Alzheimer's Association's Greater Michigan Chapter
July 16, 2011

http://alzheimersmemorial.org
Peregrinner
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Peregrinner

Postby 1987alum » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:56 pm

Peregrinner wrote:OK, where to start...
I was born in Detroit in 1986

Feeling ... so ... very ... old ...
Hey, look at me! I'm all over the InterWebs!
Facebook ~ Twitter @ CoachKarlPA ~ LinkedIn
1987alum
Noah's Dad
Noah's Dad

Postby Jacobs4Heisman » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:27 am

Welcome to the site man. I've enjoyed reading your posts so far. Keep encouraging all your friends to have the same passion for BG as you seem to.
Roll Along!
Jacobs4Heisman
a.k.a. Capt. Rex Kramer
a.k.a. Capt. Rex Kramer

Postby Peregrinner » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:39 am

Jacobs4Heisman wrote:Welcome to the site man. I've enjoyed reading your posts so far. Keep encouraging all your friends to have the same passion for BG as you seem to.

Thanks! I'll definitely keep working on it. Been recruiting people for this friday's game since I got back.
- Terry S.
- Class of 2009

July 16, 2011

Peregrinner
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:32 pm

1987alum wrote:
Peregrinner wrote:OK, where to start...
I was born in Detroit in 1986

Feeling ... so ... very ... old ...

Yeah, well....WELCOME to the club, '87!!! :mrgreen:
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:33 pm

Peregrinner wrote:
Jacobs4Heisman wrote:Welcome to the site man. I've enjoyed reading your posts so far. Keep encouraging all your friends to have the same passion for BG as you seem to.

Thanks! I'll definitely keep working on it. Been recruiting people for this friday's game since I got back.

And that is why YOU ROCK, BABY!!!! :supz:
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Peregrinner » Sat May 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Thought I might update this thing since it's been awhile and a lot has changed.

As many of you know, I served the 2007-2008 year as Freddie Falcon. It was one of the best experiences of my life. It was great to be a part of Falcon Athletics and the greater image of BGSU in general. Many memories I will never forget.

I also got to serve on BGSU's homecoming court for 2009. I would never have guessed that it could happen, but somehow (or through some clerical error) I made it. :wink: I didn't win the crown, but it was a lot of fun.

I graduated earlier this month Magna Cum Laude with a BFA in Creative Writing and a minor in Marketing. I'm sure when classes begin again in the Fall it will be strange, but at this point I don't think it has really hit me yet.

For the summer I will be working as a Marketing and Promotions Intern for the Toledo Mud Hens. I started in mid-April and will be working until September. It's a lot of fun. I select contestants for (and run) the on-field promotions on game days. I also help to write scripts, coordinate the mascots, and help with the "Racing With the Stars" sausage race. Because the Toledo Walleye and Bullfrogs will be managed by the same administration as the Mud Hens, we'll probably be working on some of their promotional materials as well. I'm hoping to find a marketing and promotions job either with the Hens(/Walleye/Bullfrogs) or with another team once the internship ends.

Anyway, that's pretty much all I can think of for now, so that's enough of an update.
- Terry S.
- Class of 2009

July 16, 2011

Peregrinner
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sun May 31, 2009 5:46 pm

It was great to see you last night at the Mud Hens game!!! Keep up the good work and I hope you do get a permanent job with one of the teams...preferrably HOCKEY, of course!! :-D
~~USCHO Poster
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Peregrinner » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:32 pm

How about another update?

I haven't been around the boards much, but I figured I'd provide a quick update in case anyone may be interested.

Last time I updated this, I was working as an intern for the Mud Hens/Walleye and looking for full-time work. Despite hints here and there that there may have been a position available for me there, it didn't look like anything was going to come of that so I looked elsewhere.

I wound up in the Lansing, MI area working for my dad's startup company in the utility/energy efficiency field. I have since moved into an apartment in East Lansing. I clear out the last of my stuff from BG tomorrow.

I also started what will be a yearly charity golf tournament to benefit the Alzheimer's Association. We had our inaugural event last month and it was great. I'm hoping to get enough connections and experience through this tournament to make non-profit/charity work my full-time job.

In the meantime I'm just working and contemplating grad school. But don't worry. Even if I end up at MSU, I'll never be an Egg-Sucker!
- Terry S.
- Class of 2009

July 16, 2011

Peregrinner
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Peregrinner wrote:In the meantime I'm just working and contemplating grad school. But don't worry. Even if I end up at MSU, I'll never be an Egg-Sucker!

WELL, THANK GOD FOR THAT!!! :supz:
~~USCHO Poster
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Member Bios