PresBG

Who we are as individuals and what we're all about...

PresBG

Postby PresBG » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:09 pm

Thought now would be just as good a time as any...

For those who dont know me, my name is Preston Ramsey and I am currently in my third year at BGSU. I'll be here for at least 2 more years for sure and i guarantee the orange and brown will be in my veins long into the future! I call Greenville, Ohio my hometown, a decent sized community in Darke County. For those who still cant find it, go south on 75 until you get to Piqua and then take US 36 west to Greenville. It's also 45 min. north of Dayton. I also call Van Wert and Bullhead City, AZ my home.

I grew up in Greenville, grades k-2 and 4-12, but spent 3rd and part of 4th living at the Grand Canyon. Not IN the Canyon, but in the village at the top. anyhow, that's all boring, so like McMetz in his entry, i'll fast forward!

In high school I ran cross country and track, played in marching band, symphonic band, pep band, jazz band. marching band became my biggest "love" i guess, mainly because our football team kinda...umm..sucked. dont get me wrong, i still cheered for my team, but it didnt really matter. so marching band, or band in general was my biggest vice in high school.

Because of that I wanted to become a Music Ed major...and thats what I originally applied as when I applied here (also applied at OSU and OU)..but during my senior year, there was too much pressure from outside sources (my director, band members, band parents) that i just couldnt deal with it. so i switched my major to social studies education instead. After my first 2 1/2 years here at BG, i just recently came to the conclusion that Social Studies isnt my thing, so I am currently a Sports Management major. I love sports, I love watching sports, I love playing sports, why not get paid to be involved in sports somehow?!

My favorite teams at BG, obviously, are the football, basketball, and hockey teams. I also am a fan of BG cross country, even though I find it difficult to make it to any of their meets. Professionally, I have no "real" favorite in any sport. I have always enjoyed watching the Cincinnati Reds, and thanks to my grandma living in Michigan and being a complete fan herself, i have acquired some kind of liking of the Red Wings...but not a full on love for them. of course, I grew up a Buckeye and was raised thinking that nothing in the world could compare to OSU anything. Well, their band isnt that great, neither is their football team, and their campus looks like crap in most spots. I am proud to say that I've broken from the "OSU is the greatest college on earth" mindset and I know that they too, are in fact human....and they smell funny too.

Currently, I am a 3rd year member of the Falcon Marching Band (FMB Drumline/cymbals) and I love it! If i had my choice between cross country and the FMB, I'd, of course, want to do BOTH! but alas, I have my cymbals and I'm content there. I have been able to meet so many good people and be apart of some great things (BG @ OSwho?, 2 bowl games, etc..). Thanks to a certain McMetz and some other guys I've met because of band and whatnot, my spirit and my love of all things BGSU has grown to an entirely new level. I may not be the biggest and loudest Falcon fan around, but I'm getting there! (i'm known as "p.diddy" on the Anderson Animals squad) I have, I do, and I will always love my Falcons!

anyhow, I'll quit and let you get back to doing something productive now, but i'll finish up with a few little tidbits of information:
1. I LOVE BGSU!;
2. I LOVE BAND!;
3. I like drums that are round; and finally,
4. A toast to bread, for without bread, there would be no toast.
6:15......and TOLEDO STILL SUCKS.

President, BGSU Band Alumni Society
Life Member, Kappa Kappa Psi & Tau Beta Sigma
2002-06 Falcon Marching Band Drumline
PresBG
Egg
Egg

Postby frdmgir7 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:26 pm

Hey PresBG,
Isn't Eppler grand? Facilities was one of my favorite classes due to Dr. Schneider; as RollAlongFF also knows. It's a shame that some of my favorite professors are no longer there or I would recommend some classes to take during your last two years.
GO BG!
frdmgir7
Chick
Chick

Postby PresBG » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:36 pm

actually...i havent started taking any of the courses in Eppler yet...I'm dealing with the blues of changing majors (aka having to take courses just to get into SM classes)...but soon! i hope!

PresBG
Egg
Egg

Postby Metz » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:09 am

Preston...in a non-physical sense, you are just as big of a BG fan as myself! It's nice to see you posting!! GO FALCONS!!!

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the project manager, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be."
Metz
Behemoth Falcon!!
Behemoth Falcon!!

Postby transfer2BGSU » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:06 am

Only the BEST AND BRIGHTEST OF US can be Social Studies Education majors. The rest of you have to go with lesser majors like Mathematics, Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Music Education, VCT, RTVF, English, Philosophy, Business, Marketing, Accounting, Physical Therapy, Criminal Justice, Nursing, and the like....

Just like those of us who ARE maggots and those who WISH THEY WERE...

:ROFL: :lol: :ROFL: :lol: :ROFL: :lol: :ROFL: :lol: :ROFL: :lol: :ROFL: :lol: :ROFL:
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby rollalongFF0304 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:19 am

frdmgir7 wrote:Hey PresBG,
Isn't Eppler grand? Facilities was one of my favorite classes due to Dr. Schneider; as RollAlongFF also knows. It's a shame that some of my favorite professors are no longer there or I would recommend some classes to take during your last two years.
GO BG!

How do I know that? I don't remember...ack!

p.s. Welcome Pres...it's about time ya started posting here.
rollalongFF0304
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Class of 86 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:39 am

Welcome Pres. I was raised pretty close to Greenville; just across the border in Richmond. Spent many Sunday evenings at the 'Angle and then back into town to close the Brass Rail!

Enjoy your time at BG and here.
Class of 86
Egg
Egg

Postby PresBG » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:59 am

ah yes...the 'Angle...lol good times had there i've been told :wink:...

PresBG
Egg
Egg

Postby goofyeuph » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:23 pm

transfer2BGSU wrote:
Just like those of us who ARE maggots and those who WISH THEY WERE...

And who might that be, all two of you?? :lol: :coo-coo:
TSASOTFMB!!!!
goofyeuph
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGFalcons232 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:59 am

frdmgir7 wrote:Hey PresBG,
GO BG!

i always feel like i'm in a hospital when i'm in there.. but i still love it. i'm still here, but i miss people like Dr. Pedersen who definitely taught me what the sport management profession will be like. he was the perfect SMD 201 professor and future classes will miss out for not having him.

and pres... some of the best profs you'll have at BG are SMD professors. Dr. Spencer, Dr. Apostolopoulou, Dr. McMillen are some of my favorites. they're all tough but fair. they really prepare you for the real world more than any other prof. you'll have a BG. it's a great major to get into and you'll get alot out of it.
BGFalcons232
Chick
Chick

Postby golfertk14 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:22 pm

welcome preston!
Roll Along!

Class of 2010

http://www.timothykilkenny.com
golfertk14
Space Cowboy/Guitarist
Space Cowboy/Guitarist

Re: PresBG

Postby PresBG » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:34 am

Suppose it is time for an update, even if it is a short one!

I did (finally) graduate from BGSU in the spring of 2008, after three changes of major as well as trials of family tragedy. Got the B.S. in Human Development & Family Studies. Finished up as a five-year marcher in the Falcon Marching Band, and now serve as the Vice President for the Band Alumni Society. After BGSU, I headed directly to Oklahoma State University to complete a Master of Science in Educational Leadership.

And now, the news that brings a smile to my face everytime I mention it:
Starting in January 2011, I'm coming back to BGSU as a part-time instructor in the School of Family & Consumer Sciences. I am pumped to be back home and to be working in my own undergrad program!

GO FALCONS!

PresBG
Egg
Egg

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:51 am

PresBG wrote:Suppose it is time for an update, even if it is a short one!

I did (finally) graduate from BGSU in the spring of 2008, after three changes of major as well as trials of family tragedy. Got the B.S. in Human Development & Family Studies. Finished up as a five-year marcher in the Falcon Marching Band, and now serve as the Vice President for the Band Alumni Society. After BGSU, I headed directly to Oklahoma State University to complete a Master of Science in Educational Leadership.

And now, the news that brings a smile to my face everytime I mention it:
Starting in January 2011, I'm coming back to BGSU as a part-time instructor in the School of Family & Consumer Sciences. I am pumped to be back home and to be working in my own undergrad program!

GO FALCONS!

That's awesome!!! Congrats!!!!
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby toddpav » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Wait... you graduated? Ha! Just kidding... congrats on the job, sir. We must celebrate with drinks soon.
Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba Photographer
toddpav
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Member Bios