Falconian

Who we are as individuals and what we're all about...

Falconian

Postby Falconian » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:40 am

It all began 56 years ago today 3/7/53, when I was born. My father, whose photo is to the left, was stationed in Bermuda at the time, so I was born in St Georges, Bermuda. I now posses both a U. S. and United Kingdom passport.

Fast forward to 1975. I graduated from BGSU with a business degree in June, met my future wife in July, in Bermuda, on my vacation, and we got married in November in her home town of Lexington, Mass.

We have lived in the Philadelphia area since 1976, raised two daughters, both are now married, and both have masters degrees in education, and both teach. One in Newtown, PA, the other in Pittsburgh, PA. We also have one grandson, with another grandchild due in 2 months.

I earned my MBA at La Salle University in Philadelphia, and last year passed the FINRA Series 6 & 63 financial exams. My wife has been employed at La Salle for 17 years. Her employment there provided free tuition for both of our daughters. One went to La Salle, and the other went to the U. of Pittsburgh.

We are now empty nesters, except for the 5 lb Maltese dog who protects my wife from everyone including me. The peace and quite is quite nice.

I have been a Philadelphia Phillies fan my whole life, a Washington Redskins season ticket holder for the past 9 years, a lousy golfer for 25 years, and started seriously getting into cycling 2 years ago.

I belong to a private cycling club in Blue Bell, PA. When not cycling outdoors, we spin indoors to stay in shape. We are constantly reminded to stay in the correct cycling posture so we use all our body, not just the legs. I have gone from 235 lbs to 189 lbs thanks to cycling.

My next cycling adventure is this coming June. I am helping to raise money for Muscular Dystrophy by participating in the 3-day Trans New Hampshire 240 mile bike ride.

1987alum is the only one on this board I have ever met. I haven't been back to BGSU for over 15 years. Some day, I intend to attend one of those football tailgate parties, and introduce myself. This is truly a great group to be associated with.

Fred Miller '75
Falconian
Chick
Chick

Postby TG1996 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Happy Birthday! :D
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby San Fran Falcon » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:10 am

Fred...Happy belated B-day. Oh, and more importantly.....GO PHILS!!!!! I love knowing there's another Phillies fan here now. :D
San Fran Falcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Freakling1 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:51 pm

Happy late birthday!
Freakling1

Return to Member Bios