About Falcons86

Who we are as individuals and what we're all about...

About Falcons86

Postby falcons86 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:39 pm

Howdy do everybody! Well, where do I start. I started at BG in August of 1982..good grief that's a freakin' long time ago. I was lucky to be at BG when we just seriously kicked a** in most of the major sports. I lived on 4th Floor Anderson my Freshman year, 2nd Floor Darrow my Sophomore year, in an apartment on 8th and High my Junior year and in the Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI) fraternity house my Senior year. I majored in R-TV-F, which for all you young-uns, was Radio-Television-Film. I worked at WBGU-FM for two years and yes, if you've ever heard the show "MetalStorm" on 88.1, it's mine. I started it and for the love of god, it's still going strong :)
Hockey was always and still is, the sport that I absolutley love. I've been playing in a Men's League in Findlay for almost 18 years. My wife and I are season ticket holders for the Falcons (2 years) and I've been to so many Falcon, Toledo Storm, Fort Wayne Komets, other minor league and pro games, I've lost count. Hockey was at it's pinnacle when I was at BG, I won't go on about the stories because everybody knows them. I wasn't able to go to Lake Placid when we won the National Championship, but I was at every home game the four years I was at BG and it was FANTASTIC!
Fast forward to now...I live in Findlay with my wife Jeannine, we've been married for 6 years and I work for Clear Channel Radio here. I am the Assistant Operations Mgr and Creative Director. I do all the commercials and stuff for our 3 radio stations, Buckeye Country 103-7, 107-7 The Fox, and AM 1600, WTTF in Tiffin. Unfortunatly, we won't be Clear Channel for long, as they have decided to sell us. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed :) I have also been, since November of 2005, the PA voice for the Falcon Hockey Team. I'd love to meet some of the folks here, next time your at a game, stop down to the Penalty Box area between periods and say "Hi"! By the way, my names Jim Roof and my second love is cars. In particular, Ford Mustangs. My wife and I have 2, I have a Lime Gold 68 GT Fastback and she has a White 67 Fastback. Some people have kids, we have cars. :) And a silly little Beagle which we rescued named "Jazzmin". She's a hoot!

See ya!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!
falcons86
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby TG1996 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:43 pm

I can only imagine what being a sports fan at BG in the early 80's was like... good stuff!

My brother and a few friends have played in the Findlay men's league, mostly "C", I think. My brother helped coach a youth team up there a few years ago, too.
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby murph » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:28 am

falcons86

I think I've heard you on the radio!
murph
Chick
Chick

Postby falcons86 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:29 am

You probably have. I go by Jay Harris on the air.
falcons86
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby 1987alum » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:35 am

TG1996 wrote:I can only imagine what being a sports fan at BG in the early 80's was like... good stuff!

Yep, those were the good old days, to be sure.

falcons86 - welcome!
Hey, look at me! I'm all over the InterWebs!
Facebook ~ Twitter @ CoachKarlPA ~ LinkedIn
1987alum
Noah's Dad
Noah's Dad

Return to Member Bios