All about daytonfalcon

Who we are as individuals and what we're all about...

All about daytonfalcon

Postby daytonfalcon » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:13 am

As my username suggests, I'm from Dayton, OH. I graduated from BG in December 2001 with a history degree (exciting right!). I've been in retail management ever since and I currently am a grocery manager with Meijer. I love BG sports with a passion and love giving my OSU family a hard time. My wife and I (2002 BG alumni) are the only members of each of our families not to attend or graduate from Ohio state - I hate OSU with a passion!!

I miss BG greatly and cannot make it back often enough. We went to nearly every football, hockey, and basketball game we could. My best BG sports memories are beating Michigan in basketball in 2001 and stomping Missouri in football. My biggest regret was missing the Northern Ill. game when ESPN came to town. We have a 2 year old that I am trying with all my effort to keep away from turning to the dark side and becoming an OSU fan but my family tries their hardest. He gets lots of OSU stuff from them and it goes straight to the bottom of his closet! Well, that about sums it up. Go Falcons!
"You either get better or you get worse. You don't stay the same."
daytonfalcon
Egg
Egg

Postby PGY Tiercel » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:26 am

A history major, Eh. You should lend some advice to Bleeding Orange. He hasn't quite found success with his history degree yet :wink:

welcome aboard. I graduated in december 01 as well. Also worked at meijer in bg from August 00-December 01. Any chance you worked there as well?
--nullius in verba--
PGY Tiercel
Salmon of Doubt
Salmon of Doubt

Postby Jacobs4Heisman » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:31 am

I'm another BG Meijer whore. I worked service desk in 2002 for about 8 months. I hate that place :)

I also work in retail, but I'm on the support side. Crazy business eh? I'm not sure BO could handle it without homicide being involved.

In any event, nice work on preventing the OSU brainwashing. That kid needs BG gear.
Roll Along!
Jacobs4Heisman
a.k.a. Capt. Rex Kramer
a.k.a. Capt. Rex Kramer

Postby PGY Tiercel » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:34 am

hated working there (furniture, hardware plumbing and electrical), Not that I know anything about electrical or plumbing work, but I could certainly haul boxes of grills and furniture around. Mostly I hated the store manager though.

However, I hate shopping at any other store other than my Meijer in Lexington.
--nullius in verba--
PGY Tiercel
Salmon of Doubt
Salmon of Doubt

Postby daytonfalcon » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:36 am

I just started with Meijer back in August....I did shop at the BG Meijer though :D
"You either get better or you get worse. You don't stay the same."
daytonfalcon
Egg
Egg

Postby Jacobs4Heisman » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:43 am

PGY Tiercel wrote:hated working there (furniture, hardware plumbing and electrical), Not that I know anything about electrical or plumbing work, but I could certainly haul boxes of grills and furniture around. Mostly I hated the store manager though.

However, I hate shopping at any other store other than my Meijer in Lexington.

Who was the manager when you were there? That pretty much the reason I hated it and ended up quitting. I gave them notice 3 months in advance that I would need a weekend off to be in the wedding party at my sister's wedding. They said OK, and then they scheduled me for that weekend and threw a royal fit when I told them I wouldn't be coming in to work. It was all downhill from there....
Roll Along!
Jacobs4Heisman
a.k.a. Capt. Rex Kramer
a.k.a. Capt. Rex Kramer

Return to Member Bios