Question for Season Ticket Holders...

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Question for Season Ticket Holders...

Postby slashba33 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:51 pm

Curious how many of you moved your seats over to the East stands since the sideline change?

And then question to ALL, what are your thoughts on the location changes of the students, band and home team side now on the EAST?

Figure we can talk about something else on a bye-week. :-?
BG Warrior!!
1 of 5 BG Alumni in the Family!
slashba33
Chick
Chick

Re: Question for Season Ticket Holders...

Postby factman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:03 am

My season tickets have always been on the east side and I prefer that side.
I have no problem with making it the “home” side but would MUCH prefer the band being in the north end one that was BUILT for them, so we can hear them on the east side.
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Dayons_Den » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:56 am

Not a season ticket holder , but as a fan and observer I will say how silly it looks to have our team and coaches squinting up in to the setting sun. I know it's trivial and we only play a couple, at most, day/late afternoon games and few that are as hot as our season opener, but when I think "home field advantage" I'm trying to tweak EVERY possible advantage in favor of the home team. . .
all bowling green
Dayons_Den
aka Joe Bair's Lair
aka Joe Bair's Lair

Postby BPardonMyTake » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:11 am

Has anyone heard anything about the Toledo game start time? Will be making the trip home to hopefully see a miracle.
Class of '15. Former Townie---Come from a long line of Falcons.
BPardonMyTake
Egg
Egg

Postby mbenecke » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:17 am

BPardonMyTake wrote:Has anyone heard anything about the Toledo game start time? Will be making the trip home to hopefully see a miracle.

It'll likely be put out on Monday. If not, it'll be the following Monday. Gotta love the 12-day and 6-day window rules.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby It's the Journey... » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:46 am

I don't mind the team and students on the east side. With the position of the TV equipment, orientation of the field (running north/south), etc. that move made perfect sense. I absolutely HATE where the band is sitting! The north end zone seating was built specifically for the band so they could be heard on BOTH the east and west sides. Imagine if you will a sold out game (don't laugh). The reason given for moving the band was for better engagement with the students now sitting beside them. Now the band will need to physically turn 90 degrees to play toward them, or 180 degrees to play behind them to engage the students. Before they just needed to play toward the south and the natural layout of the stadium would carry the sound. The band was also in seating that did not obstruct the view of those behind them. If they are going to stay on the east side they need to be given the whole corner section at the top. That will allow sound to travel better, remove seat obstruction, and allow for better fan engagement. I always hear comments on how much louder the UT band is. Look at the location. They need to be buried down close to the field in my opinion.
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:14 am

Given the orientation of the cameras, the move to the East side still seems like a good move to me. Perhaps, long term, they could move the cameras to that side. (Or, perhaps, given where the sun sets, that isn't an option. I'm not a professional photographer.)
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller

Postby bgbill » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:02 pm

I stayed on the west side, for the sun-in-face reason. Can't hear the band when they're in their new east side location.
All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.
bgbill
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby slashba33 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:15 am

Thanks for the replies thus far. Personally, I hate the change and elected to stay on the west side to avoid the sun for the first half of the season and the wind in the second half. It's very surprising there hasn't been more blow back from the music department moving the band out of their designed place in the north end zone. I totally get the logistics of having our players on the East side, but things are what they are. Forcing students and the band to sit on the east side won't change the overall perception of BG football to someone turning on our game on ESPN 3. It's a trick and is easily exposed if the camera shows a field level shot of the west side.

Another question...how many of your are Falcon Club members and watch the game from the party deck? The deck was pretty busy for the LT game.
BG Warrior!!
1 of 5 BG Alumni in the Family!
slashba33
Chick
Chick

Postby Schadenfreude » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:31 pm

slashba33 wrote:Forcing students and the band to sit on the east side won't change the overall perception of BG football to someone turning on our game on ESPN 3. It's a trick and is easily exposed if the camera shows a field level shot of the west side.

Moving fans over there makes it less likely that viewers will see the game played before empty seats. Sure, if you know where to look, it isn't difficult to get a read on how big or small the crowd is from home. But you have to know where look. Casual viewers are less likely to pay attention. .

If Coach Loeffler can get this program rolling again, perhaps we can move the band back into the end zone. That would be nice.
Schadenfreude

Postby Tswam » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:53 pm

Long-time season ticket holder who stayed on the west side because of the sun and the wind. Cost of the tickets went down as well. Know of one long-time east sider who headed over to the west side when they jacked the price of their tickets up.

I know I'm preaching to the choir but moving the band seating was asinine. I'm no band expert, but I think they've gone downhill the past few years. That could be me from watching crap football for four years.

I wish somebody would paint over the Talons Up on both sides.
Tswam
Chick
Chick

Postby Tony4BG » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Moved to East side. We didn't think of weather difference.

Band definitely should be in end zone and swap ends of student section as well to be closer to band.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Class of 61 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:10 pm

Agree with most re: band location. I’ve kept my 50 yd line seats on west side, love them too much to change.
But band sound “evaporates” at current location. Put them back in EZ where both sides can hear them better.
Funny thing...someone mentioned that the band seems to have gone “downhill” a bit. I usually “measure “ a band by number of brass, especially sousaphones. I think BG band has 12 “susies”. We’ve seen several HS bands already this year with as many as 17. Does make for overall deeper sound.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:19 pm

I also feel the band should have stayed in the end zone, but I understand that they were just trying to fill the stands more. They said other schools put them in the stands...yeah, that's because that's the only place for the bands to be.

I did a little looking as to what the student section is considered.

Students are at both ends of the stands. I think they funnel them to the southeast corner first so they aren't crowding the band. Also, I like the idea of putting the students right at the entrance to the visitor locker room so you can harass the opposition. That's the same reason as to why the BGSU students sit right behind the away bench in hockey.

In another year or two, attendance will start to rebound and then we should put the band back by the Sebo. I'd like to see us get so many students that we fill both ends of the east stands with students. I'd like to see them stay past halftime. Heck, I'd like to see us beat Toledo!
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby UofToledoFans » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:40 am

Where is the visitors locker room now that seating has been switched around? I feel like coming out of that corner would be Ill concerning of player safety with students breathing down their neck?

Also by the diagram, students are split up on each side of the bleachers?
UofToledoFans
Egg
Egg

Next

Return to Football