New uniforms this year

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

New uniforms this year

Postby BGSU33 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:49 pm

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I saw the team photo and it looks like we have new uniforms this year. They were wearing the white uniforms but the jerseys looks 100% better IMO than the ones they’ve been wearing the last several seasons. The new tops have orange numbers on them and they look much cleaner and less busy than the previous ones, which looked too busy and very mismatched with the odd shoulder block and mismatched shoulder and chest numbers. I like the new ones head and shoulders better and can’t wait to see the other colors.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: New uniforms this year

Postby Falconfreak90 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:00 pm

They do look pretty sweet!
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby jpfalcon09 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:26 am

I'm hoping they'll have the unis on display at the luncheon Saturday. Looking at the marketing promos this year, they do have a couple games at home where they're handing out white shirts, and I've heard BG is wearing the whites for the opener against Morgan State.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby bgbill » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:29 pm

jpfalcon09 wrote:I'm hoping they'll have the unis on display at the luncheon Saturday. Looking at the marketing promos this year, they do have a couple games at home where they're handing out white shirts, and I've heard BG is wearing the whites for the opener against Morgan State.

Is the luncheon this Saturday? Is it the season ticket holders party?
All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.
bgbill
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:30 pm

I really like these new jerseys. The sanserif "Bowling Green" is fantastic. The numbers look better.

It will be interesting to see this in brown or orange, but so far I'm impressed.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller

Postby lookimrory » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:46 pm

They have the same color stripes on the sleeves that Boise State has on their uniforms that debuted last year or the year before. These new uniforms are such an incredible step up (and I didn't hate the previous versions). Super excited to see what the orange ones look like.
Attachments
EBTO8xEXoAA6oKh.0.jpeg
EBTO8xEXoAA6oKh.0.jpeg (122.22 KiB) Viewed 590 times
0406bsufbspring07o17passpro.jpg
0406bsufbspring07o17passpro.jpg (124.68 KiB) Viewed 590 times
lookimrory
Egg
Egg

Postby jpfalcon09 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:44 pm

bgbill wrote:
jpfalcon09 wrote:I'm hoping they'll have the unis on display at the luncheon Saturday. Looking at the marketing promos this year, they do have a couple games at home where they're handing out white shirts, and I've heard BG is wearing the whites for the opener against Morgan State.

Is the luncheon this Saturday? Is it the season ticket holders party?

Correct. Open practice from 9:30-11:30am, pickup tickets at 11:30am, then luncheon at noon.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:52 am

A video was posted on twitter revealing the brown jerseys, and they look GREAT!

From what I've heard (just speculation), we're only wearing the chrome (?) orange helmet this year besides the one-off LT look (and probably a military helmet, but who knows?), and we're only wearing the brown (home) and white (road) jerseys this year. That could be wrong, with some time to still make announcements, but that's how it appears at the moment from the outside - especially with a "Michigan Man" traditionalist as our head coach.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:48 am

mbenecke wrote:A video was posted on twitter revealing the brown jerseys, and they look GREAT!

From what I've heard (just speculation), we're only wearing the chrome (?) orange helmet this year besides the one-off LT look (and probably a military helmet, but who knows?), and we're only wearing the brown (home) and white (road) jerseys this year. That could be wrong, with some time to still make announcements, but that's how it appears at the moment from the outside - especially with a "Michigan Man" traditionalist as our head coach.

Love the choice of going back to brown with white lettering and orange accents. Those have always been my favorite color combo.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Mr_Sweets » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:12 am

mbenecke wrote:A video was posted on twitter revealing the brown jerseys, and they look GREAT!

https://twitter.com/BG_Football/status/1164516432220020737
BGSU Rollin On You Again!
Mr_Sweets
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Schadenfreude » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:50 am

Mr_Sweets wrote:

https://twitter.com/BG_Football/status/1164516432220020737

Holy moly, those uniforms are going to be amazing.

Schadenfreude

Return to Football