Contact the coach!

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Contact the coach!

Postby hiway44 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:02 pm

I emailed a few coaches to take a look at a family friend's son. They never got a call from BGSU. Same school as Matt Johnson. Will somebody please contact the coach about this young man. He told Toledo and Buffalo - He will wait..

Please click on the link to see his highlight tapes. I’m sure you will be inrested!

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9609349

Some of Julian Jordan accolades:
He is ranked as a top 50 players in the State of Pennsylvania class of 2020.
His position of choice is Defensive Cornerback but plays offensive as a wide receiver.
Height: 6’2”, Weight: 196
His 40-yard dash has been clocked in the 4.4 to 4.5
Vertical is 38 inches.
ACT: will be taking this fall.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9609349
hiway44
Egg
Egg

Re: Contact the coach!

Postby Flipper » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:24 pm

DO what you want...but I don't think this staff is treating recruiting like an episode of American Idol
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby hiway44 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:13 pm

Yes you are correct, but I will post what school he commits to. Just to see what we could of had and didn't get. Keep you all posted. Most likely Toledo!
hiway44
Egg
Egg

Postby FalconTurf » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:24 pm

I’m not completely sure on the protocol but I believe the young man’s HS coach should contact colleges if that needs to be done. That’s how it was years ago at least.
I proudly chose to be a Falcon and a Falcon I will remain until the end.
FalconTurf
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby falconfan1 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:21 pm

hi way, there are so many moving pieces here. It is possible the student-athlete plays a position DB/WR where we are full for 20. It is possible his film etc was reviewed and we decided to go another direction even though he is a good player. It is possible our coaches did indeed reach out to his HS coaches. It is certainly true that we cannot truly recruit every good HS player. It is certainly true that recruiting has as much "art" as "science" so things happen. Or don't happen. It is certainly true that this staff has been in far more HSs, in more coaches' offices and in more living rooms than in the previous five seasons.

That was last sentence is important IMO.

This is a long term rebuild and they have to go about the way they feel is best with the players they feel fit and they can work with and develop on and off the field. And we can only take 25 scholarship guys a year.

Go Falcons!
falconfan1
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tony4BG » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:45 am

BG definitely is close to 25 verbals or just above.

I noticed Toledo is still heavily recruiting South Florida kids and imagine that's the Kevin Beard connection. I just worry with BG mainly recruiting the Midwest now how hat works out in the long run. Guess we will see if Toledo continues to beat BG.
Tony4BG
Chick
Chick

Postby MarkL » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:07 am

A great player can be a great player but not fit in here. Perhaps the coaches saw a technique they felt was not suited for what we are doing. Perhaps they saw some indicator that he has already hit his ceiling. Perhaps they haven't given him a real look because we already have a full allotment. Or perhaps he is on the reserve list and he will get an offer later.

Recruiting is a complicated process and is specific to each coach and each team and is also by necessity a confidential process from the coach's perspective. Nothing I have seen thus far erodes confidence in our new coaching staff's ability to recruit and evaluate.

Appreciate mentioning the kid. The coaches appreciate the contact and reference. But let that be it. Let the coaches do their thing.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:13 am

Tony4BG wrote:BG definitely is close to 25 verbals or just above.

I noticed Toledo is still heavily recruiting South Florida kids and imagine that's the Kevin Beard connection. I just worry with BG mainly recruiting the Midwest now how hat works out in the long run. Guess we will see if Toledo continues to beat BG.

South Florida kids is not how you build an Ohio MAC program. They don’t last. You build the team relatively local (4 hour radius) , and sprinkle in the out of state “athletes”.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Egg
Egg

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:14 am

hiway44 wrote:Yes you are correct, but I will post what school he commits to. Just to see what we could of had and didn't get. Keep you all posted. Most likely Toledo!

I don’t see where he has an offer on 247, toledo or anywhere...?
roguewarrior
Egg
Egg

Postby Tony4BG » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:46 am

roguewarrior wrote: South Florida kids is not how you build an Ohio MAC program. They don’t last. You build the team relatively local (4 hour radius) , and sprinkle in the out of state “athletes”.

Didn't say build team around them. Doesn't hurt getting a few play makers from down there.
Tony4BG
Chick
Chick

Postby gspointer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:02 pm

Yes you don’t want to build a program that can win in only a 4 state area. If you recruit in the north exclusively ou will get your ass kicked in 9 out of 10 bowl games
gspointer
Chick
Chick

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:54 pm

gspointer wrote:Yes you don’t want to build a program that can win in only a 4 state area. If you recruit in the north exclusively ou will get your ass kicked in 9 out of 10 bowl games

Re-read the post. Sprinkle some in. Just like other programs in shambles that take all JC transfers that can play....You need the best you can get in the recruiting circle first. Kids don’t always respond well to being 1500 miles from home, with no easy way home on occasion. Especially, if they don’t play for a while...
roguewarrior
Egg
Egg

Postby hiway44 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:19 am

We can't use him???
Attachments
20190730_050446_20190730071657289.jpg
20190730_050446_20190730071657289.jpg (160.04 KiB) Viewed 178 times
hiway44
Egg
Egg

Postby MarkL » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:10 am

hiway ... read over all the messages here. Nobody's saying we "can't use" a kid like him.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Football