Phil Steele preseason all MAC list

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Phil Steele preseason all MAC list

Postby MarkL » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:29 pm

I haven't bought the Phil Steele magazine yet. Always do, have every one since 2007. But apparently it is out because a bunch of MAC teams have posted their preseason MAC count among all preseason MAC teams.

WMU: 12
Kent: 11
EMU: 11
Miami: 11
Buffalo: 7
BG: 5. Clair and Konowalski third team. Bright, Perce, and Kramer fourth team. Nobody on first or second. Congrats to all five!

This build is going to take some time .....
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
User avatar
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 4565
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:23 pm
Location: Greater Washington DC area

Re: Phil Steele preseason all MAC list

Postby mbenecke » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 pm

I agree that the build is going to take a while. I don't think anyone will argue that.

But Clair on the third team is hilarious. Dude is a special talent, and he's going to ball out this year.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
User avatar
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 1327
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:48 pm
Location: Bowling Green

Re: Phil Steele preseason all MAC list

Postby BGSU33 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:03 pm

I have his magazine, Phil Steele picked BG dead last in the MAC and is tabbed #128 out of #130 teams, only ahead of UConn and UMass nationally. He picked Ohio as the clear-cut team in the East and Toledo in the West and has Ohio winning the MAC Championship.
GO BG!!!
User avatar
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 9277
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:29 am
Location: Charlottesville, VA

Re: Phil Steele preseason all MAC list

Postby MarkL » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:30 pm

mbenecke wrote:But Clair on the third team is hilarious. Dude is a special talent, and he's going to ball out this year.

I'm hoping. If the offensive line plays well he could end up way higher than third team. He's a great back.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
User avatar
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 4565
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:23 pm
Location: Greater Washington DC area

Re: Phil Steele preseason all MAC list

Postby Roll Along! » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:14 am

MarkL wrote:
mbenecke wrote:But Clair on the third team is hilarious. Dude is a special talent, and he's going to ball out this year.

I'm hoping. If the offensive line plays well he could end up way higher than third team. He's a great back.


With four starters back on the offensive line and a coach like Terry Malone who actually knows what he's doing, I'll be shocked if the offensive line isn't one of the top half lines in the MAC this year. With Clair's talents, if he stays healthy, he should have opportunities for some big games. The bigger question is whether or not the passing game will be effective enough to keep defenses from packing the box.
Roll Along!
Egg
Egg
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Re: Phil Steele preseason all MAC list

Postby drumstix2388 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:48 am

Roll Along! wrote:
MarkL wrote:
mbenecke wrote:But Clair on the third team is hilarious. Dude is a special talent, and he's going to ball out this year.

I'm hoping. If the offensive line plays well he could end up way higher than third team. He's a great back.


With four starters back on the offensive line and a coach like Terry Malone who actually knows what he's doing, I'll be shocked if the offensive line isn't one of the top half lines in the MAC this year. With Clair's talents, if he stays healthy, he should have opportunities for some big games. The bigger question is whether or not the passing game will be effective enough to keep defenses from packing the box.


His twitter would indicate that Clair is pretty pissed about the slight. I like when a guy goes into the season angry. I think he's going to show he's the best in the MAC this year.
User avatar
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois


Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests