Summer work on campus

A place to reminisce about the past or talk about the future of BGSU and Bowling Green.

Summer work on campus

Postby It's the Journey... » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:55 pm

http://bgindependentmedia.org/bgsu-has- ... -projects/

I love all of the projects mentioned but one. It makes me sick that both Hanna Hall, and the Hanna family legacy is being treated this way. I have come to terms with the monstrosity that will be added to the back of Hanna Hall, but erasing the Hanna name is completely unnecessary. What would have been wrong with the Maurer Center for Business AT Hanna Hall, or something that preserved the name? I feel we looked beyond the history of the institution and were blinded by the dollar signs on this project.
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Summer work on campus

Postby Critical Thinker » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:36 pm

I'm a little concerned that it was suggested for the site of Harshman to be paved. Are we so desperate for parking that we need a lot on the doorstep of campus?
Critical Thinker
Fledgling
Fledgling

Re: Summer work on campus

Postby footballguy51 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:35 am

That was one suggestion IF parking were actually needed in that area. Quite honestly, I see no reason to put parking there because there are essentially no nearby academic buildings. There was talk at one time of simply making it green space with some trees until they decide what they permanently want to do.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Administration/Classes/Memories