5"10" Guards

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

5"10" Guards

Postby fredthefalcon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:06 am

The BGSU Athletics Page shows that we have signed a 5'10" G from Hamilton, Ontario who has played considerable age-level international ball. The thing I found odd was that of the 4 signees for the coming year all are G's and 3 of them are 5'10". From looking at Fralick's Ashland teams I do believe that is a big part of the philosophy. Guards that have some size and can shoot the 3. Also, wondering about scholarships as I thought we were already full. Maybe a transfer or injury loss coming?

https://bgsufalcons.com/news/2019/4/17/ ... amily.aspx
fredthefalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: 5"10" Guards

Postby factman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:37 am

I just noticed a commitment from another guard, Mari Hill, who is Japanese, but went to IMG and a JC in FL/GA
Evidently she is a point guard.
Must be a “few” currently on the roster, not returning.
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby fredthefalcon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:00 am

Looks like Mari Hill played two years in JUCO at separate colleges. So would likely have two years eligibility.
fredthefalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Commander » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:04 am

factman wrote:I just noticed a commitment from another guard, Mari Hill, who is Japanese, but went to IMG and a JC in FL/GA
Evidently she is a point guard.
Must be a “few” currently on the roster, not returning.

Mari Hill, a sophomore transfer guard from Alchi, Japan, was voted as the Most Valuable Player of the NJCAA Region XVII tournament after posting 12 points, five rebounds, three assists and three steals in the Lady Jets 84 – 51 win over Albany Tech in the NJCAA Region XVII semi-final game. She came back and posted another 13 points against Georgia Highlands in the Lady Jets 75 – 57 victory that secured SGTC’s third consecutive Region XVII championship and the opportunity to advance to the NJCAA District J playoffs. South Georgia Tech will host Spartanburg Methodist on Saturday, March 9th at 2 p.m. in the Hangar.

Hill transferred to South Georgia Technical College after being a part of the national championship Tallahasee Community College squad in 2017 – 2018. She was ranked second in assists nationally this season and was listed in 8th place in the nation in steals with 3.6 per game. She averaged 7.3 steals a game this season for the Lady Jets
.https://www.southgatech.edu/wp-content/ ... i-Hill.jpg
https://www.southgatech.edu/athletics/l ... #mari-hill
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Women's Hoops