BG opens the season at MSU

Go Falcons
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: BG vs Michigan State

Postby gmartin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:52 pm

BG loses 99-69.

BG did have it down to a 12 point game with 6 minutes to go. It's going to be an adjustment year but I already see improvements. Too bad Carly left.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:23 pm

This team is going to play really hard this year. They won't out-talent everyone, but they may out-work everyone.

Looking forward to Coach Fralick getting this program back.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Hockey John » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:47 am

Just got back for East Lansing. I saw some good things. First, they never gave up. Second, they showed well without three players dressed that could have helped. I just hope that everyone here is patient and gives Coach Fralick a chance. I know we have some here that are quite impatient.

I thought Suzy Merchant, the MSU coach, ran the score up a bit. Shooting multiple threes in the last three minutes of the game and have two starters still in the game at the end. I guess that she was giving BG payback for all the losses BG gave Eastern Michigan during her MAC days.
Hockey John
Chick
Chick

Postby gmartin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:13 am

Fwiw, Santoro had 14 points in an OSU 24 pt home loss last night. OSU losing at home by 24. She could have done that at Bowling Green.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconwriter » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:07 pm

gmartin wrote:Fwiw, Santoro had 14 points in an OSU 24 pt home loss last night. OSU losing at home by 24. She could have done that at Bowling Green.

I don't get the transfer to OSU. If it was a team that might be going somewhere, sure. But this was always going to be a total rebuild from scratch for the OSU women. They lost something like 91 percent of their scoring from a year ago...and the coach had to bring in something like 5 grad transfers just to fill out the roster. He has great recruits coming in the next couple years (top 100 players, all of them)...but this year was always going to be a wash. Weird.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby mbenecke » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:27 pm

My guess is that she grew up wanting to go there and has the opportunity to be a Buckeye, so she took it.

Not everyone gets to play for their childhood team, ya know?
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Commander » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:21 pm

courtesy Times Reporter...

https://t.co/NXlc9s3fsz
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby elmrfudd » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:19 pm

I am glad that Santoro is seeing playing time at OSU, however, regardless of her athleticism, I never saw any real consistency in her play. I do wish her every success in her stint with the Buckeyes. Although I didn’t get to see the ladies play Tuesday night, I did have opportunity to listen to the game online. I heard some promising thiings about this team, and have every confidence in Coach Fralick’s style of play. I’m sure there are many factors that contributed to the thirty point loss, possibly opening game jitters, the size of the arena and opponents, and our overall youth, even though our freshmen played well in their collegiate debut. I didn’t hear Angela Perry’s name called Tuesday. Is she injured or sick? Another thing that I’ve been thinking about..... I was just wondering if Coach Fralich recruited Morgan McMillen prior to leaving Ashland, as Ashland and Berlin Hiland are in reasonably close proximity to one another. Just a thought. Looking forward to seeing the Falcons at home next Tuesday night. GO FALCONS!!!
elmrfudd
Egg
Egg

Postby gmartin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:43 pm

My expectations this year are 10-22. Next year 18-14. Third year MAC Champs. Yes we lost by 30 points. It was a 12-point game in the fourth quarter. MSU also had 17 more three throw attempts. McMillen did well. Cecil did well. Kind of disappointed in Thompson but it was only the first game of the season
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Hockey John » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:36 am

elmrfudd wrote:I am glad that Santoro is seeing playing time at OSU, however, regardless of her athleticism, I never saw any real consistency in her play. I do wish her every success in her stint with the Buckeyes. Although I didn’t get to see the ladies play Tuesday night, I did have opportunity to listen to the game online. I heard some promising thiings about this team, and have every confidence in Coach Fralick’s style of play. I’m sure there are many factors that contributed to the thirty point loss, possibly opening game jitters, the size of the arena and opponents, and our overall youth, even though our freshmen played well in their collegiate debut. I didn’t hear Angela Perry’s name called Tuesday. Is she injured or sick? Another thing that I’ve been thinking about..... I was just wondering if Coach Fralich recruited Morgan McMillen prior to leaving Ashland, as Ashland and Berlin Hiland are in reasonably close proximity to one another. Just a thought. Looking forward to seeing the Falcons at home next Tuesday night. GO FALCONS!!!

Angela Perry, Rion Thompson, and Maddie Cole were not dressed due to injury. Perry hopes to play limited minutes on Tuesday.

I would imagine that Coach Fralick was aware of McMillian and our other recruits as she is plugged in to the area.
Hockey John
Chick
Chick

Postby fredthefalcon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Dever is the only Fralick recruit of the 4 Freshmen. The others all committed under Roos. Fralick gets credit for not losing anyone in the transition like often occurs.
fredthefalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Women's Hoops