OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

Re: OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

Postby gmartin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:21 pm

I swear John Wagner gets half his information about Falcons sports from this site. When BG was about to hire a new assistant football coach we reported it first. During the football recruiting process posters here were well aware of the recruits coming to BG before he was. And now women's basketball. I said I wanted Fralick from Ashland. A few others said Achter. I said I do not want a P5 coach that was fired for a poor record. Someone else commented that the two women's team that are going to the NCAA tournament this year Buffalo and Central Michigan, their coaches were former coaches that were fired. Sure enough Mr. Wagner picked up all of there suggestions in his Blade story today. Really Mr. Wagner. You could at least give Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba credit with your article.

http://www.toledoblade.com/College/2018 ... tball.html
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 5741
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:20 am
Location: Indianapolis

Re: OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

Postby Rollo83 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Saw this at the MAC Tournament this week. What a run that was...

IMG_3556.jpg
IMG_3556.jpg (123.52 KiB) Viewed 1374 times
"Windows are for cheaters, chimneys for the poor.
Closets are for hangers, winners use the door."

-B. Springsteen
User avatar
Rollo83
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:27 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH

Re: OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

Postby Class of 61 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:23 am

And we've not seen a player since that could match her skills. Maybe we could bring her in to coach FT shooting to current group (especially guards?)
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
User avatar
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 4259
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Seven Hills, Ohio 44131

Re: OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

Postby Falconfreak90 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Class of 61 wrote:And we've not seen a player since that could match her skills. Maybe we could bring her in to coach FT shooting to current group (especially guards?)


Exactly! Best FT shooter I've ever seen...
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
User avatar
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon
 
Posts: 17656
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:28 am
Location: Green, OH

Re: OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

Postby fredthefalcon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 am

Falconfreak90 wrote:
Class of 61 wrote:And we've not seen a player since that could match her skills. Maybe we could bring her in to coach FT shooting to current group (especially guards?)


Exactly! Best FT shooter I've ever seen...


Likely True for BG. I don't know if you've seen CMU's Presley Hudson shoot FTs but she is money. Swish after swish and near 93% the last two years. Slightly better stats than Prochaska.
User avatar
fredthefalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:51 am
Location: Wayne, MI

Re: OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

Postby gmartin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:08 am

They are pretty close. Through 3 years Hudson has shot 302 FTs making 91.3%. Prochaska shot considerably more FTs, shooting 626FTs, so over 320 more than Hudson at a 90.6%. Both excellent shooters.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 5741
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:20 am
Location: Indianapolis

Re: OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

Postby elmrfudd » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:10 am

We had another similar free throw shooter, but she saw limited minutes and only stayed for one year. She went on to play for Grand Valley State........ Bailey Cairnduff.
elmrfudd
Egg
Egg
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:13 pm

Re: OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

Postby threestooges » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:46 pm

When Fralick turns us down, here's another candidate ... Maria Fantanarosa. Long time coach at Miami, fired by a new AD for no apparent reason, and now is on Suzy Merchant's staff at Michigan State. I don't know if she'd be any good or not, but I just figured I'd throw another name out there.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 662
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:00 pm

Re: OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

Postby Falconfreak90 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:58 pm

fredthefalcon wrote:
Falconfreak90 wrote:
Class of 61 wrote:And we've not seen a player since that could match her skills. Maybe we could bring her in to coach FT shooting to current group (especially guards?)


Exactly! Best FT shooter I've ever seen...


Likely True for BG. I don't know if you've seen CMU's Presley Hudson shoot FTs but she is money. Swish after swish and near 93% the last two years. Slightly better stats than Prochaska.


Haven't seen Hudson from CMU. 93%?? Damn.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
User avatar
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon
 
Posts: 17656
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:28 am
Location: Green, OH

Re: OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

Postby Falconfreak90 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:59 pm

threestooges wrote:When Fralick turns us down, here's another candidate ... Maria Fantanarosa. Long time coach at Miami, fired by a new AD for no apparent reason, and now is on Suzy Merchant's staff at Michigan State. I don't know if she'd be any good or not, but I just figured I'd throw another name out there.


This is an interesting thought. She did a pretty decent job at that school in Oxford.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
User avatar
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon
 
Posts: 17656
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:28 am
Location: Green, OH

Re: OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

Postby Flipper » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Meh...several down years and a few decent ones. Not particularly interested in a MAC level firing...
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
User avatar
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot
 
Posts: 15773
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:01 am
Location: Ida Twp, MI

Re: OMG!!! Roos is fired!!!!

Postby gmartin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:21 pm

Maybe we can get Candice Parker. I met her when I was doing my Masters at Northwestern and she was dunking at the age of 15 in western burbs of Chicago.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 5741
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:20 am
Location: Indianapolis

Previous

Return to Women's Hoops

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests