BG @ NIU

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

Re: BG @ NIU

Postby Falconfreak90 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:22 pm

10-14, 2-11 MAC...and 7 straight losses. Man....
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby elmrfudd » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:32 am

BGSUFan2017 wrote:
HoopsFan wrote:Outscored 26-14 in the 3rd quarter and NIU is shooting lights out from the FT line. Geeze, we were fouling once or twice on every play, some pretty stupid fouls in the backcourt.

HoopsFan

Yes and she sat Santoro about six minutes on the third. That when they made run. Like Roos wants to lose.

Also happy to see Cecil have a nice game. Hope she can finish season strong.

Once again, we choke off a double digit lead with more of our typical scoring droughts and stupid mistakes. In my opinion, Santoro’s inconsistency played a huge factor in our loss against NIU, not her absence from the floor. The only aspect of Carly’s game that has been steady all season is her rebounding. She continues to struggle with bad passes, forcing up bricks inside, free throws, and dumb fouls. While watching the game, especially in the fourth quarter, I was hoping she would get pulled, but unlike me, I guess Roos has confidence in her.
I was thrilled to see Cecil have her great game, as I am convinced she is capable of having these types of games on a regular basis. I thought Kennedy Williams did another fine job off the bench. I still don’t think Roos gives her near the minutes she needs or deserves. I’m beginning to believe that Williams has the edge over Lambert in most categories, with the exception of experience.
There should be no excuses for dropping this game either, regardless of great games by NIU’s Woods and Voigt. Again, we beat ourselves with air balls, throwing up bricks in the paint, missed foul shots, stupid fouls, turnovers, lackluster post play, and dry spell offense. Did I miss anything? Same coaching, same result. Time for a change!
elmrfudd
Egg
Egg

Postby BGSUFan2017 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:30 am

I agree Santoro can be inconsistent. As is every player on team. One good game one bad game. I feel they are playing in a toxic environment. Very unfortunate situation. These girls will never know their true potential And what it feels like to win as a Falcon. The school has failed them.
BGSUFan2017
Egg
Egg

Postby elmrfudd » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:17 pm

The toxic environment is playing for a group of coaches who do not how to coach player progression. We have a lot of good players playing bad basketball. We have no killer instinct when we get a lead. We are not the aggressor, we are the regressor. We do not control our own destiny, we allow the opposition to do it for us. We are not the attackers, we are the ones being attacked. I see little or no discipline from this coaching staff when we screw up, just high fives when the guilty players exit from the game. These are the reasons for our lack of success! Any boosters out there with deep pocketbooks to buy out the last year? If not, the failed seasons of the last four years will continue on!
elmrfudd
Egg
Egg

Postby drumstix2388 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:13 pm

elmrfudd wrote:The toxic environment is playing for a group of coaches who do not how to coach player progression. We have a lot of good players playing bad basketball. We have no killer instinct when we get a lead. We are not the aggressor, we are the regressor. We do not control our own destiny, we allow the opposition to do it for us. We are not the attackers, we are the ones being attacked. I see little or no discipline from this coaching staff when we screw up, just high fives when the guilty players exit from the game. These are the reasons for our lack of success! Any boosters out there with deep pocketbooks to buy out the last year? If not, the failed seasons of the last four years will continue on!

I can't imagine that Roos will be the coach next year. I'm holding out on criticism of Moose because I don't think firing her in the middle of the season will make any difference or do any good. We just have to suck it up for the rest of this year. I will be frustrated, however, if nothing is done after this year's conclusion.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby gmartin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:51 pm

I had a different reply but I deleted it. Roos will be here next year too. Her contract will not be bought out. I am 100% confident of that.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am

It will be sad to watch her twist in the wind as a lame duck...maybe Dakich and Louis Orr can give her some advice on handling it
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Previous

Return to Women's Hoops