Career Watch: Coach Roos

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

Re: Career Watch: Coach Roos

Postby BGSUFan2017 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Saw on Moosbrugger twitter account a tweet " After visit w/great Falcon Alumni in CLE area today, I had to take a peek inside. Work to get back here next year started Tuesday."
BGSUFan2017
Egg
Egg

Postby BGSUFan2017 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:21 pm

If Roos were to get fired it would of happened by now. Sad to say another year with Roos and co.
BGSUFan2017
Egg
Egg

Postby Falconwriter » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:49 am

BG won't be firing a coach still under contract. They simply don't have the money to do so. That's why these bad hires can absolutely kill an athletic program. Competition forces most universities to give coaches in major sports 4-5 year contracts; but if those coaches then are a bust, the university is on the hook for the remainder of the contract if they want to move on. More and more, schools like BG simply cannot afford to do this.

Like it or not, Miami is better able to make these changes because (I'm guessing) they get more support and funding from alums for their sports program. Whether that's because they've been fortunate and had alumni with money decide to support their sports teams, or whether their athletic department has done a better job in the past of finding these donors, it really doesn't matter. They have the funding and BG does not.

One of the priorities of BG's athletic department under Moose is to find alumni to become bigger supporters of BG sports. They can be supporters of one sport or many; it doesn't matter, so long as they're willing to donate generously. If this group is able to successfully expand that base of BGSU donors, BG will have more flexibility in situations like this in the future.

But for now...I'm afraid BG will be keeping any coaches with years left on their contract, no matter how poorly their teams fare.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Chick
Chick

Previous

Return to Women's Hoops