Looking for a coach?

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

Looking for a coach?

Postby Class of 61 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Just in case BG WOULD look for a new coach, they might want to talk with the HC at Ashland U. , who just won the D -2 NCAA championship with a 37-0 record! Somebody is doing something right!
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Looking for a coach?

Postby gmartin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:26 am

Class of 61 wrote:Just in case BG WOULD look for a new coach, they might want to talk with the HC at Ashland U. , who just won the D -2 NCAA championship with a 37-0 record! Somebody is doing something right!

Maybe Dusquene men's program. FIVE coaches have turned them down now, the latest being a Division 3 coach from Georgia. That school can't find a coach.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Class of 61 wrote:Just in case BG WOULD look for a new coach, they might want to talk with the HC at Ashland U. , who just won the D -2 NCAA championship with a 37-0 record! Somebody is doing something right!

Even if BGSU WAS looking for a coach (and it would appear BG is NOT looking for a coach), you might want to wait & see how Fralick continues to do. It's very possible she's the next Pat Summitt, but Fralick (who played at Davidson while Roos was on the staff there, BTW) has only been a head coach for two seasons. Hmmm, where have we heard that before?

Everyone on this board (except for the trolls who are fans of other schools) LOVED Coach Roos after her second season. BG had just gone 30-5, won a MAC regular-season title and made a deep run in the WNIT for the second-straight year. It was all sunshine and lollipops, wasn't it? Now, 9 out of the 10 people who post on this board want Roos fired, and the 10th wants her imprisoned and THEN fired.

I'm not saying Fralick isn't a great coach -- she very well might be the second coming of Pat Summitt. I'm just saying let's wait and see how she does with her own players.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:31 pm

Stooge
You make some good points. I just think this would be a typical place to look IF we were to want a new coach.
You're right about Roos and the 30-5 record, but things have gone WAY downhill since then. And the rest of the MAC has either caught up with, if not passed the Falcons. Perhaps we were all too spoiled by all the success and dominance for so long, and i'm willing to see if things start to improve next year. If the new kids coming in are as good as advertised, it'll help, but we'll be a very young group next year.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:30 pm

Class of 61 wrote:Stooge
You make some good points. I just think this would be a typical place to look IF we were to want a new coach.
You're right about Roos and the 30-5 record, but things have gone WAY downhill since then. And the rest of the MAC has either caught up with, if not passed the Falcons. Perhaps we were all too spoiled by all the success and dominance for so long, and i'm willing to see if things start to improve next year. If the new kids coming in are as good as advertised, it'll help, but we'll be a very young group next year.

+1. I agree with all of this. I think Roos is a great person, & her players always seem to do well in the classroom & stay out of trouble. But, ultimately a coach is judged by the W-L record, and if things do not improve next year, I'll be right there with all those people saying a change needs to be made.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby zete » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:40 pm

Just noticed the MAC failed miserably in the WNIT. Five teams in and five teams out in the first round - poor.
SAme old Same old
zete
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Women's Hoops