Searching For Old CCHA Media Guides

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

Searching For Old CCHA Media Guides

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:31 pm

Someone contacted me looking for old CCHA media guides called CCHA Perspectives. It had a white cover and was approximately 30 pages. He is looking for the seasons '71-'72 through '76-'77. He doesn't want to buy them, only wants photocopies of the league's composite schedules for those seasons. If you have any or know of anywhere he can obtain copies of those pages, let me know and I'll pass along the information. Thanks!

(I'm also posting this on USCHO Fan Forum, BGSU Hockey Facebook page, and BGHockeyFan Twitter, for those of you who follow everything...)
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Searching For Old CCHA Media Guides

Postby bgbill » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:52 pm

It would take some time, but one could go through the media guides available on team websites. Most of them have every years' schedules and results. I would think by the time all teams that are still in existence were researched, the schedules of the teams that are out of business will be documented.
All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.
bgbill
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Searching For Old CCHA Media Guides

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:07 pm

bgbill wrote:It would take some time, but one could go through the media guides available on team websites. Most of them have every years' schedules and results. I would think by the time all teams that are still in existence were researched, the schedules of the teams that are out of business will be documented.

That's actually something I had thought of after I had posted this. Someone contacted me about this and his father has copies. He was going to visit him this weekend and then let me know.
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Hockey