Illinois rumored to be announcing D1 Program 5/14

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

Re: Illinois rumored to be announcing D1 Program 5/14

Postby BGFalconfromCincy » Thu May 16, 2019 11:56 am

BGDrew wrote:The last I’ve heard there is exactly 0% interest on BG’s side in joining the NCHC. There’s been constant rumors of an attempted CCHA resurrection since realignment, but nothing has come from those talks.

If I had a crystal ball, I’d say ASU will be in the NCHC within three years with Mankato. I could also see one of the Alaska programs facing the chopping block which would take the WCHA to eight members (aka the perfect number for a league).

Speaking of the CCHA, wasn't there talks that since BG owns or has the rights to the CCHA name that there was going to be some kind of CCHA tribute or display in the ice arena? Did anything ever come of that?
BGSU c/o 2009 & 2013

Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba, because that's how I roll
BGFalconfromCincy
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Illinois rumored to be announcing D1 Program 5/14

Postby BGDrew » Thu May 16, 2019 12:57 pm

BGFalconfromCincy wrote:Speaking of the CCHA, wasn't there talks that since BG owns or has the rights to the CCHA name that there was going to be some kind of CCHA tribute or display in the ice arena? Did anything ever come of that?

That’s probably going to end up in the new Cochrane Archives. At least I’m pretty sure they’re still in the process of building that/fundraising.
Check out our new BGSU hockey site: http://www.bgsuhockey.com
BGDrew
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Hockey