NCAA Tournament ROUND 1: Minnesota-Duluth (3/30)

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

Re: NCAA Tournament ROUND 1: Minnesota-Duluth (3/30)

Postby unfalconbelievable » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:09 pm

Back to work today drove home yesterday

Our grouped stayed to watch all three games.

Saturday's loss is going to hurt for a while. That was tough. As I described to others that weren't there it was like a wake leaving that arena. Saw some tears, not a lot of conversation and a ton of silence.

Sat down at Chickes and Petes for some food after, First thing I said as much as it sucked, "At least we're here". Not that I'm about settling in life. Others looked at me like I was crazy. But, it's been 29 years since we've got to experience this and it was a great weekend (outside the OT loss). There are 44 teams home that didn't get to experience this and we did. Meet several more of you that post in here. BG by far had the largest fan base of any school for all three games. Tons of Orange on Saturday. Awesome atmosphere to be apart of. Hope to be there again before 29 years from now. Pieces are in place to continue this upward climb in the program. Hopefully we'll be in Detroit next year I'm sure their will be a sea of orange if that happens.

Until October.
unfalconbelievable
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:45 pm

Duluth beats Providence 4-1 (2 late empty netters) to reach the national championship game.

It should have been us. We were less than 3 minutes away from knocking them off.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TommyG » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:14 pm

There's no such thing as coulda, shoulda, or woulda. If you shoulda and coulda, you woulda done it.- Pat Reilly
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby AZIce » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:09 pm

It definitely seems that we have given Duluth their toughest game so far.

That said we didn't get to a point where they pulled their goalie. They were carrying the play that last 10 minuets of that game and given our play against the extra attacker the week before you would have liked their odds to get it tied up anyway.

Outside of Schillings point blank chance we really didn't have any good scoring chances in the last 20 minutes of that game. Their D is just tough, so good and mobile, not to mention Sheppard and the gamer he is. Full credit to Duluth.

When Schilling failed on that chance, I said that was our chance right there and we blew it.......sadly I was right. Good learning moment for our younger guys though.

Tough to win with just one goal.
AZIce
Egg
Egg

Previous

Return to Hockey