Rico OUT at Miami

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby pdt1081 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:51 pm

jpfalcon09 wrote:If Bergeron leaves, which my gut is telling me seems more and more likely each day Miami doesn't announce a new coach, BG would be wise to go after an assistant from an established and winning program to keep the positive momentum going. This will be an attractive job if it comes open.

It's obvious they want to talk to him, and he's going to at least give them a listen. His season isn't over yet so that conversation isn't going to take place until then. I think a lot of his decision may be made when the pros show up with stacks of cash asking for autographs.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TalonsUpPuckDown » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:14 pm

Also, Berge isn't the only coach with a team still playing that Miami wants to talk to.
2-time BGSU Intramural Curling Champion.
TalonsUpPuckDown
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:57 pm

TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:Also, Berge isn't the only coach with a team still playing that Miami wants to talk to.

Dave Hakstol hasn't been busy since the middle of December. :wink:
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby pdt1081 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:37 pm

mbenecke wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:Also, Berge isn't the only coach with a team still playing that Miami wants to talk to.

Dave Hakstol hasn't been busy since the middle of December. :wink:

I really want to see that for no reason other than the North Dakota fans reactions. He'd probably get shanked showing up for a road game.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BG84 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:50 pm

I don't have any inside information, and my opinions are probably ill-informed.

I've been thinking Bergeron will stay because of his kids and because he hasn't accomplished his goals yet. Getting into the NCAA tournament is probably one of his goals...

Eigner: He prefers being an assistant. As for his being a good recruiter, as head coach he wouldn't be recruiting as much (?).

Rico video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TyLZDGuE2M Melee starts when a BG player runs into Miami's goalie... except the goalie doesn't even leave his skates. Grover gets jumped on his way to the penalty box.
BG84
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Schadenfreude » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:38 pm

TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:So you don't think Moose's first step is to Google "Program with best power play in college hockey," then hire one of their mid-level assistants after making a quick phone call to the guy?

I see what you did there. :mrgreen:
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby Falconwriter » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:20 pm

Schadenfreude wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:So you don't think Moose's first step is to Google "Program with best power play in college hockey," then hire one of their mid-level assistants after making a quick phone call to the guy?

I see what you did there. :mrgreen:

If we didn't laugh about this stuff...we'd be in tears an awful lot.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Hockey