Rico OUT at Miami

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby bgbill » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:21 am

One can still behold the majesty of Enrico Blasi by checking out his videos on Amazon.
All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.
User avatar
bgbill
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:48 am
Location: some hotel somewhere

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby mbenecke » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:57 am

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/64022 ... ling-green

Article above details some of the potential impact of the situation on Bowling Green Hockey.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
User avatar
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:48 pm
Location: Bowling Green

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby FlyingFalcon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:08 pm

I don't generally make a point to read other teams forums, but I figured I'd see what Redhawks fans had to say on the matter (link below). There is definitely some excitement there about the prospect of plucking Bergeron, but Redhawks fans throw out some other serious names that would lead me to believe the search is wider than our emotions want us to believe right now. Go Falcons!

https://test.miamihawktalk.com/talk/discussion/4303/hockey-coaching-search-thread
FlyingFalcon
Egg
Egg
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:15 am

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby Falconwriter » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:05 pm

FlyingFalcon wrote:I don't generally make a point to read other teams forums, but I figured I'd see what Redhawks fans had to say on the matter (link below). There is definitely some excitement there about the prospect of plucking Bergeron, but Redhawks fans throw out some other serious names that would lead me to believe the search is wider than our emotions want us to believe right now. Go Falcons!

https://test.miamihawktalk.com/talk/discussion/4303/hockey-coaching-search-thread


Miami fans have always been delusional, so them reaching for the stars on a coaching search wouldn't be a shock. Not totally sure about their finances, but I've been led to believe their programs has some significant dollars, and like most rich d-bags they think they can simply buy their way to success. How many Miami fans were convinced they'd have won a national title in hockey by now? Pretty much all of them, if my limited contacts are any indicator. I'm certain it eats at them that they don't have at least one title.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
User avatar
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Columbus

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby jbakerifm » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:08 am

I'm not sure he goes as long as BG can pay up. At least one son still in HS next year. Miami isn't half the destination their fans think it is. The conference is a buzz saw and they'll only have a few years grace. Probably 5 or 6 years grace at least if things fell apart a bit in BG.
jbakerifm
Chick
Chick
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby TalonsUpPuckDown » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:10 pm

Berge interview in One of America's Great Newspapers.

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/bgsu ... 0190326120
2-time BGSU Intramural Curling Champion.
User avatar
TalonsUpPuckDown
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:59 am

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby It's the Journey... » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:37 pm

TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:One of America's Great Newspapers


You're sassing us, right????????........ :roll:
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln


The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
User avatar
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 2323
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: Bowling Green, Ohio

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby TalonsUpPuckDown » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:09 pm

It's the Journey... wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:One of America's Great Newspapers


You're sassing us, right????????........ :roll:


Wish I wasn't. https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid= ... 5436&hl=en
2-time BGSU Intramural Curling Champion.
User avatar
TalonsUpPuckDown
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:59 am

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby pdt1081 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:21 am

TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:Berge interview in One of America's Great Newspapers.

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/bgsu ... 0190326120

If I'm Moose, I've already called MacLellan, McPhee, Blake, Emerson, Bylsma, and Reirden. First question I ask them is "how much do we pay him to stay?" Second question is "if it's more than money, who do you want coaching your draft picks?" Either way, having those guys supporting the coach is an invaluable recruiting tool.
Phi or Die
User avatar
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 3207
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:09 pm

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby TalonsUpPuckDown » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:13 am

pdt1081 wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:Berge interview in One of America's Great Newspapers.

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/bgsu ... 0190326120

If I'm Moose, I've already called MacLellan, McPhee, Blake, Emerson, Bylsma, and Reirden. First question I ask them is "how much do we pay him to stay?" Second question is "if it's more than money, who do you want coaching your draft picks?" Either way, having those guys supporting the coach is an invaluable recruiting tool.

So you don't think Moose's first step is to Google "Program with best power play in college hockey," then hire one of their mid-level assistants after making a quick phone call to the guy?
2-time BGSU Intramural Curling Champion.
User avatar
TalonsUpPuckDown
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:59 am

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby pdt1081 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:53 am

TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:So you don't think Moose's first step is to Google "Program with best power play in college hockey," then hire one of their mid-level assistants after making a quick phone call to the guy?

He certainly could. Using the CHN app would take less time though.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Program ... e&ie=UTF-8
Phi or Die
User avatar
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 3207
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:09 pm

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby TalonsDownForWhat » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:29 pm

Do you guys think Bylsma would have any interest in the job? He loves BG and would have complete job security as long as he wants to coach again
TalonsDownForWhat
Egg
Egg
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:10 am

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby mbenecke » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:12 pm

He's currently an assistant for the Red Wings. I think he would be a phenomenal candidate, if this is our last year with Berge.

I truly hope this is a problem we don't have to think about this offseason, though.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
User avatar
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:48 pm
Location: Bowling Green

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby jpfalcon09 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:00 pm

TalonsDownForWhat wrote:Do you guys think Bylsma would have any interest in the job? He loves BG and would have complete job security as long as he wants to coach again


I'm sure he'd give Moose a listen. A lot would depend upon his and Blashill's future in Detroit. As a Wings fan, I hope Blashill is let go after the season but chatter has been to the contrary. My guess is Bylsma stays put if Blashill is retained. From what I've read, Bylsma doesn't have much interest in being too far away from his family in west Michigan so that's something else to consider.

If Bergeron leaves, which my gut is telling me seems more and more likely each day Miami doesn't announce a new coach, BG would be wise to go after an assistant from an established and winning program to keep the positive momentum going. This will be an attractive job if it comes open.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
User avatar
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 4606
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Bedford Township, MI

Re: Rico OUT at Miami

Postby TalonsDownForWhat » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:07 pm

Could see Eigner taking over. His name has popped up in coaching circles last couple years and he is a great recruiter
TalonsDownForWhat
Egg
Egg
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:10 am

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hockey John and 1 guest