WCHA CHAMPIONSHIP: Minnesota State (3/23)

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

Re: WCHA CHAMPIONSHIP: Minnesota State (3/23)

Postby TommyG » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:14 pm

It’s pretty embarrassing actually. Really should have lost in regulation the way we played the 3rd period.
Still don’t know how the math worked out in our favor. This team shouldn’t get an at large with an SOS in the mid 40s.
Interesting to see what they do with the opportunity.
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby Falconwriter » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:16 pm

jpfalcon09 wrote:The most BG thing they could have done. Microcosm of their season. Thank goodness it wound up they didn't need to win to get in.

Was thinking the same thing when I saw what happened. So very BG.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:27 pm

TommyG wrote:It’s pretty embarrassing actually. Really should have lost in regulation the way we played the 3rd period.
Still don’t know how the math worked out in our favor. This team shouldn’t get an at large with an SOS in the mid 40s.

Mavs didn't care about the game until BG opened the door when they took their foot off the gas. BG is here though because they beat enough good teams and won an impressive amount of games on the road which are weighted more in PWR.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TommyG » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:37 pm

Can only imagine this forum if BC would have won.....
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby Hockey John » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:11 am

TommyG wrote:It’s pretty embarrassing actually. Really should have lost in regulation the way we played the 3rd period.

We will receive an at large bid because we met the qualifications and made the top 15 of the Pairwise. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Under the system set up, we earned a bid. If you don't like our program, go follow someone else. I guarantee the you will not be missed around here.
Hockey John
Chick
Chick

Postby mbenecke » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:43 am

That hurt so much. Truly, that one stings so bad.

4 more wins for a national championship.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TommyG » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:27 am

Hockey John wrote:

We will receive an at large bid because we met the qualifications and made the top 15 of the Pairwise. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Under the system set up, we earned a bid. If you don't like our program, go follow someone else. I guarantee the you will not be missed around here.

I follow lots of college hockey teams. Being an alum I follow BG too. Hope that’s ok with you! Maybe you should go follow someone else.
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby TalonsUpPuckDown » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:01 am

TommyG wrote:
Hockey John wrote:

I follow lots of college hockey teams. Being an alum I follow BG too. Hope that’s ok with you! Maybe you should go follow someone else.

It's pretty clear you don't follow any sort of hockey whatsoever. And here I go breaking my "don't feed the troll" rule.
2-time BGSU Intramural Curling Champion.
TalonsUpPuckDown
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TommyG » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:59 am

TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
TommyG wrote:
Hockey John wrote:

It's pretty clear you don't follow any sort of hockey whatsoever. And here I go breaking my "don't feed the troll" rule.

Troll? I actually have a point to my posts. I don’t think the WCHA deserves two bids...ever. Despite my thoughts, the team got lucky and looks to be in. I think we’ll get exposed quickly in game 1 depending on the matchup.
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby TalonsUpPuckDown » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:08 am

TommyG wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
TommyG wrote:
Hockey John wrote:

Troll? I actually have a point to my posts. I don’t think the WCHA deserves two bids...ever. Despite my thoughts, the team got lucky and looks to be in. I think we’ll get exposed quickly in game 1 depending on the matchup.

The only point you have is on top of your head.
TalonsUpPuckDown
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:32 am

TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
TommyG wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
TommyG wrote:
Hockey John wrote:

Actually, he has a point. This team has backed their way into the tournament. They lost to teams they should not have and got lucky in the end. HOWEVER, they have shown they can step up to tough competition, so perhaps they will do well.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TalonsUpPuckDown » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:36 am

footballguy51 wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
TommyG wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
TommyG wrote:
Hockey John wrote:

Actually, he has a point. This team has backed their way into the tournament. They lost to teams they should not have and got lucky in the end. HOWEVER, they have shown they can step up to tough competition, so perhaps they will do well.

His point is that we shouldn't have a hockey program.
TalonsUpPuckDown
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TommyG » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:11 am

TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
footballguy51 wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
TommyG wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
TommyG wrote:
Hockey John wrote:

No...don’t recall ever saying that. My point is that our schedule is terrible....but I appear to be wrong about us not being able to earn an at large the way we did.

Don’t get mad at me because the team choked away their first conference title since 1988.
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby TalonsUpPuckDown » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:20 am

TommyG wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
footballguy51 wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
TommyG wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
TommyG wrote:
Hockey John wrote:

No...don’t recall ever saying that. My point is that our schedule is terrible....but I appear to be wrong about us not being able to earn an at large the way we did.

Don’t get mad at me because the team choked away their first conference title since 1988.

Not angry at you at all though I am ridiculously frustrated at how this team doesn't have the eye of the tiger. However, there is a common writing style and theme between "TommyG" and 2-3 prior posters. So either 3 of you are independent people who miraculously say the exact same things the exact same way or you are the same dude cycling through various user ID's that wants the program shot.

You know my vote.
TalonsUpPuckDown
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TommyG » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:11 am

Not sure who these other posters are Sherlock? I would cut Football well before hockey. I don’t think either program is getting cut anytime soon, so I wouldn’t worry about it.
TommyG
Chick
Chick

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey