WCHA CHAMPIONSHIP: Minnesota State (3/23)

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

Re: WCHA CHAMPIONSHIP: Minnesota State (3/23)

Postby Hockey John » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:40 am

footballguy51 wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
TommyG wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:
TommyG wrote:
Hockey John wrote:
TommyG wrote:It’s pretty embarrassing actually. Really should have lost in regulation the way we played the 3rd period.
Still don’t know how the math worked out in our favor. This team shouldn’t get an at large with an SOS in the mid 40s.
Interesting to see what they do with the opportunity.

We will receive an at large bid because we met the qualifications and made the top 15 of the Pairwise. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Under the system set up, we earned a bid. If you don't like our program, go follow someone else. I guarantee the you will not be missed around here.

I follow lots of college hockey teams. Being an alum I follow BG too. Hope that’s ok with you! Maybe you should go follow someone else.

It's pretty clear you don't follow any sort of hockey whatsoever. And here I go breaking my "don't feed the troll" rule.

Troll? I actually have a point to my posts. I don’t think the WCHA deserves two bids...ever. Despite my thoughts, the team got lucky and looks to be in. I think we’ll get exposed quickly in game 1 depending on the matchup.

The only point you have is on top of your head.

Actually, he has a point. This team has backed their way into the tournament. They lost to teams they should not have and got lucky in the end. HOWEVER, they have shown they can step up to tough competition, so perhaps they will do well.

Providence and Quinnipiac lost in the quarterfinals of their league tournaments to unranked teams yet they made the tournament due to their whole season not just their league tournament. We made the NCAA tournament this year because we earned one of the top 15 spots in the pairwise. It is as simple as that.

Am I disappointed about the outcome of the WCHA final game? Of course I am, but we still deserve the bid.

Tommy G, Apollo or whoever you are, why should I follow a different team? I am an alum and supporter of BGSU Falcon Hockey. You ought to try the same if you are an alum.
Hockey John
Chick
Chick

Postby AZIce » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:44 pm

This program has gone from basically dead and gone to back to the NCAA tourney. Through the efforts of many inside and outside the program.

The last time we played an NCAA tourney game I listened to it on the radio (anyone remember WKIQ and Glenn Cerney) from my junior year apartment on E Merry......I'm over 50 now. I don't care how we got in.....we made it back to the National Tourney....period.

None of you trolls can ruin it for me....LOL..

Yesterday is over........today is nothing but a great day for me!!
AZIce
Egg
Egg

Postby Hockey John » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:59 pm

AZIce wrote:This program has gone from basically dead and gone to back to the NCAA tourney. Through the efforts of many inside and outside the program.

The last time we played an NCAA tourney game I listened to it on the radio (anyone remember WKIQ and Glenn Cerney) from my junior year apartment on E Merry......I'm over 50 now. I don't care how we got in.....we made it back to the National Tourney....period.

None of you trolls can ruin it for me....LOL..

Yesterday is over........today is nothing but a great day for me!!

Well Said! Go BG!!!!
Hockey John
Chick
Chick

Postby TalonsUpPuckDown » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:21 pm

I'm still sick over last night but am currently pricing flights to Philly/Allentown from Chicago (where i work). I am not missing this next game even if it's a challenging rematch of the '84 natty.
2-time BGSU Intramural Curling Champion.
TalonsUpPuckDown
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Hockey