2019 WCHA Awards

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

2019 WCHA Awards

Postby mbenecke » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:45 pm

All-WCHA First Team

Forwards: Troy Loggins, Sr., NMU; Diego Cuglietta, Sr., LSSU; Marc Michaelis, Jr., MSU
Defensemen: Philip Beaulieu, Jr., NMU; Cooper Zech, Fr., FSU
Goaltender: Atte Tolvanen, Sr., NMU

Second Team

Forwards: Brandon Kruse, So., BGSU; Parker Tuomie, Jr., MSU; Adam Rockwood, Sr., NMU
Defensemen: Justin Baudry, Sr., BSU; Alec Rauhauser, Jr., BGSU
Goaltender: Dryden McKay, Fr., MSU

All-WCHA Third Team

Forwards: Steven Jandric, So., UAF; Max Humitz, Jr., LSSU; Anthony Nellis, Sr., LSSU
Defensemen: Connor Mackey, So., MSU; Ian Scheid, Jr., MSU
Goaltender: Ryan Bednard, Jr., BGSU

Congrats to Kruse, Rauhauser, and Bednard for all making their respective All-WCHA squads. I think they drastically misplaced the goalies (Bedzy has an argument for first, but I think McKay should have gotten it) and they gave Tolvanen, a statistically inferior netminder for the current season, the lifetime achievement award for being only solid this year. Max Johnson being completely left off all three teams (9 forward spots), while being 4th in the conference in goals and tied for 5th in points, is also extremely insulting.

I hope these slights light a fire under the boys and really gets them going this weekend.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: 2019 WCHA Awards

Postby AZIce » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Max Johnson being completely left off all three teams (9 forward spots), while being 4th in the conference in goals and tied for 5th in points, is also extremely insulting.

The WCHA awards are based off of conference games and stats only......Johnson was way down the list in league stats.

Many of our forwards did their damage in the early Non-Conference season.

Tolvanen had better WCHA stats than Bednard and has pretty much single handily beaten us at least 4 times over his career that I can remember.

He is our biggest roadblock to wining this weekend, not their team.
Heck he just made 60 stops at Tech two weeks ago in a game NMU was completely outplayed in, yet won. That was the night we choked against UAH.......so he is basically the reason why these games are at NMU and not in BG. He's the real deal and probably the best goalie in the league.
AZIce
Egg
Egg

Re: 2019 WCHA Awards

Postby mbenecke » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:31 pm

You bring up some very good points.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Hockey