Rankings 11/5

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

Rankings 11/5

Postby gmartin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:41 pm

For those who like to follow along, BG is ranked #10 this week. Pairwise we are #6. On paper BG should win its next 6 conference games, 3 series sweeps (Alaska, LSSU and UAH), but that is why they play the game.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 5741
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:20 am
Location: Indianapolis

Re: Rankings 11/5

Postby moneymaker02 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:19 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how we are ranked 12th? Very confusing how we slipped from the top 10 just because of 1 loss to LSSU.
moneymaker02
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rankings 11/5

Postby BGDrew » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:29 pm

moneymaker02 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how we are ranked 12th? Very confusing how we slipped from the top 10 just because of 1 loss to LSSU.


We’ve lost to the 32nd, 36th, and 41st teams. The losses to LSSU and NMU are also weighted more because they happened at home.
Check out our new BGSU hockey site: http://www.bgsuhockey.com
User avatar
BGDrew
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 6282
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:11 pm

Re: Rankings 11/5

Postby Critical Thinker » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:00 pm

BGDrew wrote:
moneymaker02 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how we are ranked 12th? Very confusing how we slipped from the top 10 just because of 1 loss to LSSU.


We’ve lost to the 32nd, 36th, and 41st teams. The losses to LSSU and NMU are also weighted more because they happened at home.


Tying the #58 team hasn't done us any favors either.
Critical Thinker
Fledgling
Fledgling
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:49 pm
Location: North Olmsted, OH

Re: Rankings 11/5

Postby BGDrew » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:27 pm

Critical Thinker wrote:
BGDrew wrote:
moneymaker02 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how we are ranked 12th? Very confusing how we slipped from the top 10 just because of 1 loss to LSSU.


We’ve lost to the 32nd, 36th, and 41st teams. The losses to LSSU and NMU are also weighted more because they happened at home.


Tying the #58 team hasn't done us any favors either.


Changing that to a win instead of a tie only bumps them up to 11th.

Now, changing the NMU and LSSU games to ties bumps them up to 8th.

Two wins? 5th.
Check out our new BGSU hockey site: http://www.bgsuhockey.com
User avatar
BGDrew
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 6282
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:11 pm

Re: Rankings 11/5

Postby Critical Thinker » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:50 am

Playing around with Pairwise, it seems that our ranking is based almost entirely on our win percentage. Add a future loss to Mankato, we drop 4 spots. Add a future loss to UAH, and we also drop 4 spots. It looks like we'll stay in more or less the same spot if we keep at our current winning percentage (for 10-3-3, that's about .750). In other words, two sweeps and two splits in a month appears to be enough to not fall out of the top 16.

Nights like tonight don't give me warm, fuzzy feelings about the future, but barring any massive improvements from Western, Providence, or the like, we're not in a bad position at the moment.
Critical Thinker
Fledgling
Fledgling
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:49 pm
Location: North Olmsted, OH


Return to Hockey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest