Alumni Game

The history is there...follow as the tradition returns!

Alumni Game

Postby bgsurick » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:59 am

Is there some sort of alumni game tonight? I think they have ice starting at 7:30?
bgsurick
Egg
Egg

Re: Alumni Game

Postby mbenecke » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:44 pm

From what I can tell, this weekend was "HOGO" which has a golf outing and an alumni game, though the game seems to be a pretty well-kept secret. To me, that could be marketed as a big fundraiser for the program, if they chose to go that route.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby gmartin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:35 am

Not sure where they would have golfed. Forrest Creason is closed and the course not even maintained, looks terrible with weeds all over. StoneRidge had no openings as a church group had 120 tee times throughout the day. I was back home visiting my parents as they live on the course and had no openings this weekend.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Hockey John » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:13 pm

According to Assistant Coach Ty Eigner's twitter, they golfed at Stoneridge. They have a picture on his twitter account of those that golfed.
Hockey John
Chick
Chick

Postby BGDrew » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Let me first preface this by saying I’m only speaking from the outside looking in.

I think they prefer to keep the HOGO semi-private every year. It’s the only time a lot of the guys will see each other all year, and while I’m sure they’re appreciative of fans they probably just want to have a good reunion weekend.
Check out our new BGSU hockey site: http://www.bgsuhockey.com
BGDrew
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:22 pm

BGDrew wrote:Let me first preface this by saying I’m only speaking from the outside looking in.

I think they prefer to keep the HOGO semi-private every year. It’s the only time a lot of the guys will see each other all year, and while I’m sure they’re appreciative of fans they probably just want to have a good reunion weekend.

And this is totally fair. They deserved that privacy just like regular people, too.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby gmartin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:34 am

Hockey John wrote:According to Assistant Coach Ty Eigner's twitter, they golfed at Stoneridge. They have a picture on his twitter account of those that golfed.

Well between the church outing and BGSU Stoneridge did pretty good this weekend. Explains why me and my brother couldn't get on the course. But off topic something needs to be done with Forrest Creason. It looks like a dump especially driving by the hill on 75. Mow the damn thing before you are cited by the city by having too tall of grass.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:37 am

They are mowing about a 30 yard strip along Mercer and Poe. The rest of it looks like a "return to the wild" experiment. I'm sure if they classify this as a nature preserve and Biology outdoor lab, they can leave it just like it is for now.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BG84 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:08 pm

bgsurick wrote:Is there some sort of alumni game tonight? I think they have ice starting at 7:30?
I've seen bits of the alumni game once or twice. Mrs. BG84 found it on the Ice Arena schedule, as you apparently did. I even have photos; if I knew how I'd post a couple :(
BG84
Chick
Chick

Return to Hockey