Transfer Watch

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Transfer Watch

Postby Flipper » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:59 am

It's entirely plausible that the coaches don't want to play the mot talented players just...because.

It's equally plausible that Jeffrey Epstein hung himself
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby drumstix2388 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Grant Loy is in the portal. He'll be a graduate transfer and can play immediately. I'm not incredibly surprised, as he will automatically revert to a backup next season, and has the opportunity to work on his masters elsewhere. I'll always remember him leading us to victory against Toledo. Good luck to him moving forward.
Twitter is @MachiaBilly
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:38 pm

drumstix2388 wrote:Grant Loy is in the portal.

He's graduating this year and will be eligible elsewhere for 2020. Unless there's a transfer headed BG's way, could be a true freshman backing up McDonald next year.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:55 pm

Happy for Loy. I hope he goes somewhere that he can maximize his potential.

Need to make sure we hold onto both Melton and Keller in the 2019 class now.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:56 pm

mbenecke wrote:Happy for Loy. I hope he goes somewhere that he can maximize his potential.

Need to make sure we hold onto both Melton and Keller in the 2019 class now.

Melton is enrolling early from what I've been told. Loeffler is very high on him.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:56 pm

If Loy moves on, he has nothing but respect from me. He earned the backing of his teammates as a walk on and engineered the biggest upset win here in years and ended the streak. Loy is forever a Falcon in my book.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:59 pm

It would have been huge to keep Loy in the fold as an experienced voice in the QB room, but I don't blame him for going. He likely saw the writing on the wall with McDonald almost certainly being the starter here next year.

I'm excited for the two freshmen to get on campus. They both look really good, and it will be nice to have some actual depth at QB.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:04 pm

mbenecke wrote: I'm excited for the two freshmen to get on campus. They both look really good, and it will be nice to have some actual depth at QB.

Agreed. I know it seem slike Melton is the more highly regarded recruit, but Keller looks more ready to contribute right away to me. It's a good problem to have, but we'll need to keep adding some QBs because keeping both of them around for more than a year or two is probably unlikely.
Twitter is @MachiaBilly
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:11 pm

MarkL wrote:If Loy moves on, he has nothing but respect from me. He earned the backing of his teammates as a walk on and engineered the biggest upset win here in years and ended the streak. Loy is forever a Falcon in my book.

Well said.

Grant Loy's win over Toledo might have been the biggest upset in school history (at least per Vegas). He will forever be a part of Falcon lore, even if he decides to transfer.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby BGSU33 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:32 pm

Yet another blow. Each and every guy we continue to lose further sets us back more in numbers because we can't recover in just one or two recruiting classes. I'm not surprised by the move, but it's still disappointing. If McDonald does indeed start we're back to ZERO experience behind him, and McDonald has very little himself, which is even more disappointing that he didn't get the waiver because he could have logged a season of playing time. Now he'll be getting his feet wet next season instead. Loy also could have been used to mix things up if needed. BG has suffered a lot of blows with transfers, but nothing like it has at QB. Morgan is and has been the starter at FIU, Doege has been starting (while still redshirting) at WVU, and Veasley left for Duquesne. Now our returning starter QB in Loy is going to be gone too. I can't say I have ever seen anything like this at the QB position at BG in all the 25 years I've been following the program.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:48 pm

BGSU33 wrote:Yet another blow. Each and every guy we continue to lose further sets us back more in numbers because we can't recover in just one or two recruiting classes. I'm not surprised by the move, but it's still disappointing. If McDonald does indeed start we're back to ZERO experience behind him, and McDonald has very little himself, which is even more disappointing that he didn't get the waiver because he could have logged a season of playing time. Now he'll be getting his feet wet next season instead. Loy also could have been used to mix things up if needed. BG has suffered a lot of blows with transfers, but nothing like it has at QB. Morgan is and has been the starter at FIU, Doege has been starting (while still redshirting) at WVU, and Veasley left for Duquesne. Now our returning starter QB in Loy is going to be gone too. I can't say I have ever seen anything like this at the QB position at BG in all the 25 years I've been following the program.

Things will be okay. Loeffler is getting his players in, and while for the short-term that may mean some pain, long-term the program will be better off for it.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tony4BG » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:59 pm

MarkL wrote:If Loy moves on, he has nothing but respect from me. He earned the backing of his teammates as a walk on and engineered the biggest upset win here in years and ended the streak. Loy is forever a Falcon in my book.

Agreed. Best of luck to Grant.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Falcon Commander » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:55 pm

At least he didn’t wait till August!

20-7 :lol:

Good Luck Grant :supz:
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FalconTurf » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:42 pm

BGSU33 wrote:I can't say I have ever seen anything like this at the QB position at BG in all the 25 years I've been following the program.

I agree but,......
we’ve never seen transfers like this before the creation of the transfer portal. It’s definitely a different world in BG and around college football.
I proudly chose to be a Falcon and a Falcon I will remain until the end.
FalconTurf
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:59 pm

Best of luck to Grant Loy...I hope he finds a quality opportunity on the field and off.

That Melton kid has bought in as a leader...he's quite vocal on twitter urging other recruits to come here
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

PreviousNext

Return to Football