L A TECH

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

L A TECH

Postby mcfalcons83 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:11 am

Should be an interesting game. Both teams 1-1 with victories over FCS opponents and lopsided loses to Power 5 teams. I think we bring home a close win in front of a Homecoming crowd..

BG-28

LA TECH-21
mcfalcons83
Egg
Egg

Re: L A TECH

Postby Tony4BG » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:54 am

This game definitely will show how the culture has changed for BG
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Falconwriter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:20 am

I'd like to see a win, but I'm not expecting one. La Tech has had a much better history of very recent success. Skip Holtz (yes that family) had a losing season his first year there, but in the five seasons since has had a winning record and gone to five straight bowl games -- and won them all, beating teams like Illinois, Navy, Hawaii, Arkansas State and SMU.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby MarkL » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:40 am

The Bulldogs are often known for explosive offense. Not so much last year and not so much thus far this year as the defense has progressed. They struggled to beat FCS Grambling last week but I don't know anything about Grambling.

If we win, great. I'm happy. Lose by 1 - 3 possessions, that is status quo. Lose bad, that's a foreboding sign for conference play.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tswam » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 am

I'll settle for us being competitive.

When was the last win at HOME against an FBS school? Buffalo in '16?
Tswam
Egg
Egg

Postby Tony4BG » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:52 am

Tswam wrote:I'll settle for us being competitive.

Yeah, crazy
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby mcfalcons83 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 pm

I was thinking the same thing as many of you are until I went to check out the LA Tech website and message board. Grambling out gained LA Tech by a wide margin. They had more 1st downs, passing yards, and rushing yards. Message board very negative towards Holtz and where program stands at this time (becoming stale). Finally I feel our coaches will come up with a game plan that will put us in the best position to pull off a victory.
mcfalcons83
Egg
Egg

Postby mbenecke » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:21 pm

Tswam wrote:I'll settle for us being competitive.

Yes, it was Buffalo in 2016.

BG has a record of 5-13 during home games while I've been a student here, and I've been in the stadium for all but 2 of those games. With me in attendance, the record is 4-12 - and 2 of the 4 wins I've seen were at the last second against FCS schools.

Hasn't been fun, but I continue to show up. I love this program and that stadium, man.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:14 pm

The last (and only) time Louisiana Tech came to Bowling Green was back in the season opener back in 1995. I was there and it's a game that will forever stick with me because I saw BG's QB Ryan Henry throw 6.....yes....SIX.....interceptions in the game! Despite a half dozen ints in the game, we still had a chance, but fell 28-21. We played them again in Ruston two years later in the 1997 season opener and jumped out to a double-digit lead, but lost again by a TD, 30-23. On paper, Tech has a better team, which is essentially going to be the case no matter who we play. I expected a better showing than last week, which won't be hard to do since we did next to nothing for an entire game. But I still see LT coming out on top. They've beaten us by 7 in both meetings, so I'll say by 7 yet again.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:38 am

BGSU33 wrote:I was there and it's a game that will forever stick with me because I saw BG's QB Ryan Henry throw 6.....yes....SIX.....interceptions in the game! Despite a half dozen ints in the game, we still had a chance, but fell 28-21.

I was there, too. In all, 22,222 saw this game. Fan interest was high. The Falcons had dominated the league for four years, winning two titles, and it felt like maybe this was the season the Falcons would kick it up a notch and return to the AP Top 25.

But it was not to be. The Falcons rebounded to beat Missouri the next week, but as the season progressed, it became clear the wheels were coming off Gary Blackney's machine. The Falcons finished 5-6, and five more years of misery followed.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby mbenecke » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:54 pm

I suppose I'll throw out a pick. This isn't rooted in any statistical analysis, this is just how my gut feels on Homecoming and 10 point underdogs:

BG 30, LA Tech 27

Looking forward to being in the Doyt tomorrow. Go Falcons! Happy Homecoming!
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:25 pm

If Clair plays, BG has a chance to win.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby It's the Journey... » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:36 pm

BGSU33 wrote:The last (and only) time Louisiana Tech came to Bowling Green was back in the season opener back in 1995. I was there and it's a game that will forever stick with me because I saw BG's QB Ryan Henry throw 6.....yes....SIX.....interceptions in the game! Despite a half dozen ints in the game, we still had a chance, but fell 28-21. We played them again in Ruston two years later in the 1997 season opener and jumped out to a double-digit lead, but lost again by a TD, 30-23. On paper, Tech has a better team, which is essentially going to be the case no matter who we play. I expected a better showing than last week, which won't be hard to do since we did next to nothing for an entire game. But I still see LT coming out on top. They've beaten us by 7 in both meetings, so I'll say by 7 yet again.

That was my freshman year and I marched. It was also my first BGSU football game. Back then we called it Doyt Perry Stadium out of respect. I remember hearing how the 1994 Central Michigan game was a fluke. We all know how that worked out. It was one of the first night games as well. I remember watching them put up the temporary lights through the week. I am hopeful we can even things up at home with them.
"If all do not join now to save the good old ship of the Union this voyage nobody will have a chance to pilot her on another voyage."
A. Lincoln

The BGSU Men's Chorus
America's Finest Singing Machine
BGSU Brothers Sing On

Charge on Colts, Charge on!

"ROLL ALONG!"
It's the Journey...
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:14 pm

Nice TD to cap the first drive.

So, Clair is still out?
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:23 pm

And just like that, we are falling back to last year.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Football