Potential replacement?

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Potential replacement?

Postby Tony4BG » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:49 pm

Antimob wrote:Real reporting would have uncovered these names BEFORE they became a matter of public record.

This story is about a month and a half late.

For 41 days all we heard was Pelini and Polian, the latter of which came from footballscoop.

But in the end two of four final interviews. If I remember Bruce Feldman was one of first to mention Polian.
Tony4BG
Chick
Chick

Postby Globetrotter » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Antimob wrote:Real reporting would have uncovered these names BEFORE they became a matter of public record.

This story is about a month and a half late.

For 41 days all we heard was Pelini and Polian, the latter of which came from footballscoop.

We knew all 4 names,
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Antimob » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:11 pm

We knew Loeffler? The name not mentioned on this board until he was hired? A name absent from the Feldman/Thamel reports? A name never publicly connected to the job? Nobody knew him and if he got the job he was by definition a finalist. Pelini was announced as a candidate by Moose himself during the firing press conference. Feldman had Polian and Elston. The rest all came from spitballing and speculation.

They kept the search quiet, but in my opinion this was less of product of amazing discipline on their end as it was a product of nobody truly digging or wanting to know anything on the opposite end. I'm actually shocked DeFillipo put anything of substance in an email that could be searched for later on.

I'm more than happy with the end result but I wish the media would have shown such inquisitiveness about the search process and done more sleuthing surrounding it when it was actually occurring and it actually mattered. Ask questions, get sources, follow up on leads...you know, what used to be called journalism.
Antimob
Egg
Egg

Postby Falcon Commander » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:23 pm

"Journalism" is dead
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine