@ Toledo (10/6)

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: @ Toledo (10/6)

Postby Flipper » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:48 am

Rocket_Fanatic wrote:I kind of hope you guys pull this one out. May force our HC to finally do something like fire our DC

Wow...how pathetic have things gotten in this rivalry? We want you to kill us...you want us to beat you. All of it driven by a desire to see competent coaches. We're paying these guys more than ever, but it certainly doesn't look like we're getting our money's worth
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Falconfreak90 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 am

Class of 61 wrote:
jpfalcon09 wrote:Hahaha, another shank job punt.

I think Freak mentioned a need to look at another punter a few weeks ago. More importantly, the BG broadcast team said we “ don’t have a D-1 punter on the field now” I’ve never heard Todd Walker w/ so many negative comments and Gibson point out so many screw ups. Heck! At least they’re getting PAID to watch this year!

I heard Gibby say that as well Den. It was actually very cool to listen to the game on radio, old school. Todd and Gibby tell it like it is and I always appreciate that. It isn't an easy thing to do but they still do it in a civil manner.

Nate Needham has done a solid job at kicker this year. We have two more punters on the roster and should have seen them 3 weeks ago. Can they do a better job cuz Joe Davidson is a distant memory.

My dad said Dover (Tuscarawas County football powerhouse) has a kicker who puts kickoffs into the end zone every time. He sent a package to BG for recruiting purposes and never heard a word. Dan Pifer is the Recruiting Coor.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby footballguy51 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:35 pm

I hope the positives we saw in the Toledo game (running game actually working, defense actually stepping up) translate to next week. I also hope we eliminate some of the stupid mistakes (WAY too many penalties, special teams screw-ups). I'd like to see us win our homecoming game, but I know it will be very tough.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:33 pm

We gave up 52 points and almost 500 yards of total offense (if our punter was worth a damn it would have been over 500) ...how does that defensive performance equate to "stepping up"?
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby mbenecke » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:38 pm

The defense certainly looked a lot better Saturday than they had all season. If we don't spot them 17 points at the beginning and give them starting field position on our half of the 50 on 4 or 5 different occasions, they certainly don't give up 52 points.

They made some timely stops. I definitely thought they looked improved. Now they just need to keep working on staying away from penalties and undisciplined stuff that can negate their good work. I'm encouraged by Saturday's overall performance. I'm not saying we're suddenly elite, but I saw improved tackling and more focused play.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:13 pm

mbenecke wrote:The defense certainly looked a lot better Saturday than they had all season. If we don't spot them 17 points at the beginning and give them starting field position on our half of the 50 on 4 or 5 different occasions, they certainly don't give up 52 points.

They made some timely stops. I definitely thought they looked improved. Now they just need to keep working on staying away from penalties and undisciplined stuff that can negate their good work. I'm encouraged by Saturday's overall performance. I'm not saying we're suddenly elite, but I saw improved tackling and more focused play.

I thought they were marginally better. Lets keep in mind they were also facing a backup QB in his first start. As a whole though, there were still the same issues plaguing the team. Zero second half adjustments. Prior to the garbage time TD, BG only had 100 yards of offense in the second half. Some guys on defense are still taking poor angles to ball carriers. I wasn't happy with how easily the defense rolled over late in the game. There were some positives to take away, especially in the run game, but not enough to make me feel like we saw any real progress.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:18 pm

This game was the best our defense looked all season. Unfortunately, our offense and special teams kept putting them in tough positions.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby BG24SportsDirector » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:05 am

BG24 Sports - BG Football vs Toledo

https://youtu.be/LeqOyIVksg8
BG24SportsDirector
Egg
Egg

Postby cameron » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:49 am

Our season has been over for a while, so it's nice to see the Rocket Board had a meltdown last night as they were getting eliminated from the MACC.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-862777-page-9.html
cameron
Egg
Egg

Postby Class of 61 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:25 pm

cameron wrote:Our season has been over for a while, so it's nice to see the Rocket Board had a meltdown last night as they were getting eliminated from the MACC.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-862777-page-9.html

Wow! And I think WE get negative! What would these guys do or say if they had a team it’s our record ?
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Football