Eastern Kentucky

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Eastern Kentucky

Postby mbenecke » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:39 am

Chris Ash isn't going to lose his job. Rutgers is one of the hardest places to win in America. On top of that, he's in the toughest division in college football, with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and Michigan State.

He went 2-10 in his first year, then 4-8 in his second, including three Big Ten wins. That got him a contract extension through 2022, because they know it's a slow build in Piscataway.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:54 am

gmartin wrote:So if BG loses to EKU Jinks should be fired immediately but that won't happen but my question is who gets fired first.

Mike Jinks - BGSU
Kliff Kingsbury - Texas Tech
Chris Ash - Rutgers
Lovie Smith - Illinois
Matt Patricia - Detroit Lions

If Jinks gets canned, won't be until the end of the season. Lots of other damage can be done to the program if he's fired mid-year. I don't anticipate anyone else on that list getting fired this year. Lions fans are the worst wanting Patricia fired after one game. Miserable fans deserve that miserable franchise.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:52 am

kdog27 wrote:This is true but our cycle won't reset until jinks is gone. I mean does anyone think this guy has figured out a darn thing?

Bowling Green was ahead of Maryland for most of that game. Two years ago, we couldn't keep up with Memphis at all.

So I do see some possible signs that Jinks has figured some things out.

We will know a whole lot more in two weeks.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller

Postby kdog27 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:42 am

That was more about Maryland than BG. You always like to point out that BG is in the same division as these teams and that means something. We didn't look like we were in the same division in the second half. Oregon and Maryland both scored at will after some early struggles. I don't see much improvement there. Most disturbing was how dreadful the offense was in the second half. That is the side of the ball we can usually at least line up with close to equals at many positions.

Went from beating maryland 3 three years ago to look like a JV team in the second half. Nah, not buying an improvement.
kdog27
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby slashba33 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:25 am

kdog27 wrote:Most disturbing was how dreadful the offense was in the second half. That is the side of the ball we can usually at least line up with close to equals at many positions.

Went from beating maryland 3 three years ago to look like a JV team in the second half. Nah, not buying an improvement.

I agree. The most glaring issue is the run game. How many time can you run the zone read/option with Clair and hand him the ball EVERY TIME?? Maryland's LBs were crashing hard on him in the second half and no adjustments were made. We would have been better off going double tight, single back and go at them. 15 total yards rushing for the night. Just sad.
BG Warrior!!
1 of 5 BG Alumni in the Family!
slashba33
Egg
Egg

Postby mbenecke » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:29 am

It's tough to run the ball when you have a MAC offensive line going against a Big Ten defensive line.

They were bigger and stronger than us. That won't be an issue in MAC play, just saying.
Bleacher Creature. AYA Social Studies Education. BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:17 pm

I assumed everyone realized by now that we can't afford to fire coaches.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Schadenfreude » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Globetrotter wrote:I assumed everyone realized by now that we can't afford to fire coaches.

We live in interesting times.

Schadenfreude

Postby gmartin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Temple, who is 0-2 with losses against MAC school Buffalo and a home loss to FCS Villanova has gone into Maryland and beating Maryland 21-7Bat half. If Temple wins this game on the road after being 0-2 itself with their 2 bad losses what does that say about BG?
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby daspollak » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:11 pm

gmartin wrote:Temple, who is 0-2 with losses against MAC school Buffalo and a home loss to FCS Villanova has gone into Maryland and beating Maryland 21-7Bat half. If Temple wins this game on the road after being 0-2 itself with their 2 bad losses what does that say about BG?

Nothing, sometimes the breaks fall your way.
Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, teach PE.
daspollak
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Says a lot about Buffalo.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby pdt1081 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:39 pm

gmartin wrote:Temple, who is 0-2 with losses against MAC school Buffalo and a home loss to FCS Villanova has gone into Maryland and beating Maryland 21-7Bat half. If Temple wins this game on the road after being 0-2 itself with their 2 bad losses what does that say about BG?

Wasn't BG up at the half?
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby gmartin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:12 pm

daspollak wrote:

Nothing, sometimes the breaks fall your way.

I disagree. Temple is a bad football team. Somewhere in the 100s. Slightly better than BG. They lost to an FCS school at home. They were nearly a 3 TD underdog against Maryland. Yet they beat Maryland by 21 in Maryland. (Maryland scored off block punt for TD and Pick 6). If BG squeaks out a close win today or even loses I only see 1 possible win remaining on the schedule.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Baby steps... BG had leads vs Oregon and Maryland. That's two FBS teams, two major teams where BG has led.

And two more than UT can say. \:D/
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby gmartin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:23 pm

MarkL wrote:Baby steps... BG had leads vs Oregon and Maryland. That's two FBS teams, two major teams where BG has led.

And two more than UT can say. \:D/

I actually expected a little bit more out of Toledo today
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

PreviousNext

Return to Football