Best way to watch BG football...?

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Best way to watch BG football...?

Postby lookimrory » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:49 pm

My Falcon education has finally taken me out of Northwest Ohio to Minneapolis (and next year to Colorado), which means this is the first year since 2004 I won't see the Falcons play at the Doyt. I wanted to go to Oregon, but having a brand new job means my vacation days are limited at the moment.
I used to watch on ESPN3 with my parents old password, but they have since gotten rid of cable. Now I see the new ESPN+, and some of our games are on 3, some on +.
I don't have cable, and would really like not to get it. Those of you that live outside of Northwest Ohio and have some experience doing this...suggestions? Whats the easiest, most cost effective avenue for me to watch all or almost all BG games?
lookimrory
Egg
Egg

Re: Best way to watch BG football...?

Postby MarkL » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:59 pm

I think YouTube TV has ESPN3. It is pretty cheap.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Sling is a good option for sports. The game against Oregon will be on the Pac-12 Network and not all providers offer it, something to keep in mind.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Update anti-virus software and google "college football streams ". You can usually find one for free...ESPN+ is coming down the pike for $5 a month. I imagine they'll be good for the home games
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby gmartin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:18 am

Here is what I suggest. Since you don't have cable you probably don't have Internet, so here is what I suggest.

If you have Verizon wireless pay the extra $20 for unlimited streaming data plan. Not sure what the other carriers charge for unlimited.

Once you have unlimited streaming go with Sling TV, or YouTube or Hulu. Believe sling in $25. Actually Directvnow is $35/mo with 3 months free. Once you have established a streaming service you are eligible for ESPN3 or Watch ESPN app. You also would need to purchase ESPN+, which is $5.33/mo. I have that and it works great.

Then once you have all that you can watch BG games and other shows until you cancel your streaming service at the end of the year. If you get unlimited data plan, and a streaming service and ESPN+ you are looking at about $60/mo, or $15/game.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby moneymaker02 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:53 am

I've tried Sling and Directv now. PSVUE is by far the best option for sports. The package options are better for sports and it has a built in DVR. With the app you can watch live tv just like regular cable. You don't have to have a play station which is the big misconception. You can watch it through roku, google chromecast, playstation, firestick, apple tv ect.
moneymaker02
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Watch it 2 days later after you forgot they were on and when you know if it would be worth your time.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby RangerRocket » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:30 pm

With a brown paper bag over your head...
RangerRocket
Chick
Chick

Postby Falconfreak90 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:33 pm

RangerRocket wrote:With a brown paper bag over your head...

Well that was cold! But considering the last two seasons, that isn't a bad option. lol
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby jpfalcon09 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Just saw an article that roughly 50% of MAC football games will be on ESPN+ which requires a subscription of $5/month. BG's opener against Maryland will be broadcast here for those not able to make it to town.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Football