Jinks.....Hahahahahahaha

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Jinks.....Hahahahahahaha

Postby jpfalcon09 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:37 am

Clubber wrote:BG Athletics has been a mess for 10 years. Christopher was only about building his resume and making himself look good. Kingston tried to come in guns blazing, but quickly realized he had no money and no real donor base to draw from. Moose seems to be trying to right the ship, but he's got nothing to work with.

Bottom line is that BGSU doesn't care about Athletics. It essentially supports 6 sports and treats everyone else like club programs. If BGSU cared they'd invest more financially in athletics.

Also, when is BG going to stop handing out 5 year contracts that they can't buy out? Start making the maximum length 3 years and quit signing coaches to extensions after one decent year. If that means you lose some potential coaches, so be it. We don't have the budget to be like everyone else, so stop trying to be everyone else. Be smarter and start making these revenue coaches earn their money. It isn't rocket science.

Five years means job security and a show of good faith that you're going to give a coach an entire recruiting cycle (kids he recruits his first year will either be RS seniors or graduated in his final year) to show what he can do. The last thing you want as a mid-major is a revolving door of guys who couldn't hack it and having instability within the program and guys de-committing. We saw enough of that with Clawson and Babers leaving. So in all fairness, Jinks is having to bear the brunt of the instability at this level that comes with success. Still doesn't excuse what seems like a lack of progress from year one to year two, but we all know Jinks will likely either be here for at least four years unless he's fired for just cause. So as frustrating as it's been given the recent success, I think we all need to bear in mind that Jinks is going to maybe need the rest of this season to fully incorporate what he wants to do. He's a likable guy and as OB posted on his blog I do believe he'll be a popular guy here if he has success, and we obviously all hope he experiences that success, so we'll see.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:47 am

Clubber wrote:BG Athletics has been a mess for 10 years.

I literally stopped reading here. Come on. Two recent MAC titles in football. A resurgent hockey program. A new basketball building.

I just don't understand the relentless negativity. It doesn't seem helpful.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby Falconfreak90 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:49 am

jpfalcon09 wrote:
Clubber wrote:BG Athletics has been a mess for 10 years. Christopher was only about building his resume and making himself look good. Kingston tried to come in guns blazing, but quickly realized he had no money and no real donor base to draw from. Moose seems to be trying to right the ship, but he's got nothing to work with.

Bottom line is that BGSU doesn't care about Athletics. It essentially supports 6 sports and treats everyone else like club programs. If BGSU cared they'd invest more financially in athletics.

Also, when is BG going to stop handing out 5 year contracts that they can't buy out? Start making the maximum length 3 years and quit signing coaches to extensions after one decent year. If that means you lose some potential coaches, so be it. We don't have the budget to be like everyone else, so stop trying to be everyone else. Be smarter and start making these revenue coaches earn their money. It isn't rocket science.

Five years means job security and a show of good faith that you're going to give a coach an entire recruiting cycle (kids he recruits his first year will either be RS seniors or graduated in his final year) to show what he can do. The last thing you want as a mid-major is a revolving door of guys who couldn't hack it and having instability within the program and guys de-committing. We saw enough of that with Clawson and Babers leaving. So in all fairness, Jinks is having to bear the brunt of the instability at this level that comes with success. Still doesn't excuse what seems like a lack of progress from year one to year two, but we all know Jinks will likely either be here for at least four years unless he's fired for just cause. So as frustrating as it's been given the recent success, I think we all need to bear in mind that Jinks is going to maybe need the rest of this season to fully incorporate what he wants to do. He's a likable guy and as OB posted on his blog I do believe he'll be a popular guy here if he has success, and we obviously all hope he experiences that success, so we'll see.

Well said Jeremy. Obviously I want Coach Jinks to succeed. I must say as I get older, it is easier to take off the orange and brown glasses and see things as they really are...even if I don't like it. I am concerned, no question, with the program. I really hope he succeeds for our sake.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby BGFan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Schadenfreude wrote:

I literally stopped reading here. Come on. Two recent MAC titles in football. A resurgent hockey program. A new basketball building.

Clubber ==> birdman
BGFan
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Clubber » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:55 am

Schadenfreude wrote:

Reese- Mens and Jacoby- Womens Cups Finishes by BG recently

08-09 Men 9th, Women 9th
09-10 Men 12th, Women 11th
10-11 MAC Didn't post standings (we weren't good)
11-12 Men 12th, Women 11th
12-13 Men 10th, Women 7th
13-14 Men 10th, Women 8th
14-15 Men 8th, Women 12th
15-16 Men 12th, Women 11th
16-17 Men 10th, Women 12th

Hockey has won 0 titles and has 0 NCAA tournament appearances since 1990.
Clubber
Egg
Egg

Postby Roll Along! » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:47 am

Clubber wrote:
Schadenfreude wrote:

08-09 Men 9th, Women 9th

Since our athletic department is resourced dead last in the MAC, it looks like we've exceeded expectations for the most part over the past decade. Not too bad.
Roll Along!
Egg
Egg

Postby Clubber » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:18 pm

Roll Along! wrote:
Clubber wrote:
Schadenfreude wrote:

08-09 Men 9th, Women 9th

Since our athletic department is resourced dead last in the MAC, it looks like we've exceeded expectations for the most part over the past decade. Not too bad.

That's the attitude that gets those type of results.
Clubber
Egg
Egg

Postby Flipper » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:51 pm

We don't put a primary emphasis on sports...at least not budget wise. I've been associated with BGSU since 1979...I don't recall us ever being big spenders compared to our peers. I'm OK with that...if you aren't, accumulate millions of dollars and sign them over to the University or find another program to follow.

Endlessly complaining about it can't be that much fun...can it?
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby jpfalcon09 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Flipper wrote:We don't put a primary emphasis on sports...at least not budget wise. I've been associated with BGSU since 1979...I don't recall us ever being big spenders compared to our peers. I'm OK with that...if you aren't, accumulate millions of dollars and sign them over to the University or find another program to follow.

Endlessly complaining about it can't be that much fun...can it?

Of course it is, go ask Cubs fans before they won last year. :P
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Football