Coaches caravan

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Coaches caravan

Postby Class of 61 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:14 am

Coaches went on caravan to multiple cities again this week. Anyone get a chance to attend?
I was hoping to get to CLE event but had another commitment.
Just curious as to how well these were attended this year.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Coaches caravan

Postby Hockey John » Sat May 13, 2017 10:19 am

Quite a few people and coaches attended the event in Findlay on Monday. It was a great and enjoyable event.
Hockey John
Egg
Egg

Postby falconfan1 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Good crowds at all the stops, 61. I like Findlay as a stop. I couldn't make all this time around but Columbus and Cleveland always turn out well and they did again last week. We had a large number of former student-athletes and we had five current or future students in Cleveland which is fairly unusual. Many eras were represented too- we were right back into the early 60's at each stop.
I thought the attendees were fully engaged and got a good chance to talk both with each other and the coaches before the "formal" program. The coaches' remarks were pretty interesting with some very honest or unvarnished overviews offered. Non revenue sports well represented too- for example I enjoyed hearing from our women's tennis coach. There were a few good questions thrown out at the end to the coaches.
The caravan was able to use the day time periods to good advantage by either adding a short stop at noon or other alumni contact along the way.
Best series of these I have been a part of as far as I am concerned. Of course, my part is pretty small!

Go Falcons!
falconfan1
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Thanks for the update FF1. Knew I could count you . :)
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Football