Toledo Blade Article: Jinks hopes BG learns its lessons

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Toledo Blade Article: Jinks hopes BG learns its lessons

Postby bg1984 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:36 am

“I’m the first one to say schematically there were some things we screwed up,” Jinks said. “We stuck a square peg into a round hole.”

I've always had respect for a guy who can recognize his own mistakes, admit them and then make adjustments. On paper this team appears vastly improved and with a new approach from the coaching staff I'm cautiously optimistic.

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/78 ... _id=878183
bg1984
Chick
Chick

Re: Toledo Blade Article: Jinks hopes BG learns its lessons

Postby Flipper » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:46 am

Me too...I like that he recognized the need for more toughness. We've lost games to the aceholes up north because they were mentally tougher than us...Dino's teams had the fold after you hit them early thing down to a science
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby MarkL » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Cautiously optimistic is exactly the phrase I have been using.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconfreak90 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:16 pm

We'll be better, no question. Still probably a year or two away from regaining the stature of 2012-2015. I agree about Jinks being pretty honest and accepting responsibility. The staff will be better prepared this year as well. We can contend in the East.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Jinks showed the same honesty in the event where they announced the recruits. There was no "buck passing" or "coach speak" excuses for last season's games. He took responsibility and openly acknowledged mistakes made. He was also pretty humorous talking about some of the things that went on last year, as well (a little self-deprecating humor). I found it quite impressive at the time. Reading this article shows me that he is still feeling the same way. He has had a huge learning curve to go through and seems to be coming out of it the way we had hoped. I expect a stronger start and a better finish this coming season.
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Football