Back to the Shoe

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Back to the Shoe

Postby Flipper » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:02 am

You want to be in the same division as the "big boys"... Don't complain about playing the big boys
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby footballguy51 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:47 am

I love any chance to kick OSU in the tail. If we never play them, we can never beat them. I'd love to play them every year.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby bgdodgeball4 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:11 pm

MarkL wrote:
Redwingtom wrote:
MarkL wrote:Anybody besides me think Urban Meyer will be gone by then?

No. He's not going to the NFL and this is his college dream job. What college job could possibly be better other than Alabama? And Saban ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Notre Dame. It is probably opening soon and good chance a new AD too. The alumni want Swarbrick gone and if Kelly can't get back to 10+ wins he's out too. Meyer's dream job in his own words is Notre Dame. He probably only has one more shot at it before he retires and that shot is likely in the next year or two.

If Urban wanted to go to Notre Dame, he could pick they date they would hold the press conference.
bgdodgeball4
Chick
Chick

Postby bgdodgeball4 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Flipper wrote:You want to be in the same division as the "big boys"... Don't complain about playing the big boys

I don't understand this either. The downside to this is a loss. The upside is a historic upset, a nice paycheck, and something to pitch to recruits for the next 3 years.
bgdodgeball4
Chick
Chick

Postby MarkL » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:35 pm

bgdodgeball4 wrote:
MarkL wrote:
Redwingtom wrote:

No. He's not going to the NFL and this is his college dream job. What college job could possibly be better other than Alabama? And Saban ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Notre Dame. It is probably opening soon and good chance a new AD too. The alumni want Swarbrick gone and if Kelly can't get back to 10+ wins he's out too. Meyer's dream job in his own words is Notre Dame. He probably only has one more shot at it before he retires and that shot is likely in the next year or two.

If Urban wanted to go to Notre Dame, he could pick they date they would hold the press conference.

True. He's smart enough to know his current AD is far better than ND's. If ND in fact makes an AD change as the big dollar alums are asking, look out. Who better to restore the glory to Notre Dame? And what else can he possibly accomplish at Ohio State?
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Lord_Byron » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:52 am

Shelley Meyer for sure wants to see a statue of Urbie. If he leaves tOSU, they won't put one up. . .
"I love the Stroh Center and every thing about it."
--Grant Cummings -- webmaster for the ages. .

BG '79
Lord_Byron
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

Postby Beaker » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:35 pm

After sitting through that mess this past season and knowing we are in for another beat down next time, just makes me fume even more that we didn't get it done in '92 and '03 when we had legitimate chances to beat them. With the landscape of college football and the unlimited resources and recruiting power in Columbus, I don't ever see us realistically having a competitive chance against them again, no matter how many times we play them.
Beaker
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby zete » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:57 pm

footballguy51 wrote:I love any chance to kick OSU in the tail. If we never play them, we can never beat them. I'd love to play them every year.

In order to beat them, or even play with them, we need to pick up several *** and a few **** players Being a program in a constant state of limbo - coaches in and coaches out; this isn't going to happen. We have about no chance of putting a team on the field to play toe-to toe with OSU. We traditionally fall way short of that on signing day. Thus why are we continuing to play them? When they put 77 on us i would think the front office would wake up screaming 'enough is enough'. Maybe in '20 they will put 80 on us. But then again maybe urban will still be there and only put 49 up.
These games (77-10) do nothing but put the program way back image wise. Say what you want I would rather drive home from Youngstown in early September after a hard fought game than Columbus and a blood bath.

BAck in the late 80s and 90s, my OSU buddies would tell me sooner or later a MAC team would beat them. It was nice to think that was true, but now that time has come to pass, it seems ludicrous.
SAme old Same old
zete
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:38 am

zete wrote:We have about no chance of putting a team on the field to play toe-to toe with OSU.

Oddly enough, Bowling Green did so in 1992 and 2003.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby CrazyFan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:16 pm

MarkL wrote:
Redwingtom wrote:

If Notre Dame was truly his "dream job", he could have had it in 2005. Instead, he made the choice to go to Florida. He's not going anywhere.
CrazyFan
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Falconfreak90 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:07 pm

Schadenfreude wrote:
zete wrote:We have about no chance of putting a team on the field to play toe-to toe with OSU.

Oddly enough, Bowling Green did so in 1992 and 2003.

No doubt....and BOTH games were there for the taking. Especially the 2003 game...a few more plays go our way and we walk out with a W and everyone in the shoe that day knew it.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby zete » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:05 pm

Yea, I remember a kid from Bellevue dropped the ball in the endzone. i think he may have been a walkon.
SAme old Same old
zete
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:36 pm

Asking a lot of a TE to bend at the waist and catch a low underthrown ball down at his shins...but you go ahead and be a dick about it any way
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby zete » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:16 pm

No doubt a tough catch...one a DI player needs to make. I think he should have caught it. He dropped it and we lost. I think a lot of TEs would have made that catch. You want to be in the same division as the "big boys" you make that catch.
What position did you play Flipper?
SAme old Same old
zete
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Football